Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
quite possibly - but still worth checking with him - maybe changing those first posts to an update (Have to admit, havn't read the threads )
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by rolan900d View Post
zehjotkah helped me with warcraft and told me that starcraft wasn't much fun to play with...

But indeed, PM him for help..
Please don't PM him. He removed the first posts for several reasons, none of them related to Blizzard, but some of them related to too many people demanding support.

The facts seem to be:
  • There is no completed Starcraft engine
  • There is no active development of a Starcraft engine

Making noise here isn't going to change that. It's not a trivial project and was never spearheaded by anyone in the maemo.org community.

I'm merging this into the existing thread.

See my post (now #1 in this thread) for a link to the project page with the status and any details, and contact the developers there. AFAIK none of them are still active, but that's who you'd go to for future development. The instructions have been moved to the wiki, so that nobody has to support them.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Last edited by Flandry; 2010-03-08 at 15:32.

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Hey everyone...

To stop rumors that will end up on engadget
The remove had nothing to do with blizzard. In fact I think they're quite happy or at least indifferent about this project.
I have removed this howto because:
1. Starcraft is not really playable (uncomplete engine, no missions)
2. The videos and howtos where EVERYWHERE, I mean really everywhere. I got over 50000 views only for the Starcraft video in the first week. Now you can calculate how many wrote me for help, and some startet to begin to demand help like I HAVE to help them.^^
3. Warcraft2 is nothing special, it runs on the old tablets, too (I think Starcraft too, but I haven't tested). But it got so much press. This is bad. It's like the whole world is speaking about the iPhone because you can hear music with it. Well, the whole world IS speaking about the iPhone because of nothing special, but you got the point. Also as Starcraft is not running perfectly (and I can't change that) this is again not good press because a game with so much press should be running perfectly.

I'm totally fine if someone posts a howto and a video again. It's not my work. I've only multiplicated 2 and 2. No difficult work from my part.

A note about Warcraft2: It's really playable and makes fun, too.
You can play through the whole missions without a problem.

Have fun!

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2010-03-08 at 06:54.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
guide on how to install pease :P ?

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
I'm going to lock this thread. If someone else wants to take the heat in the way that trying to be helpful ends up being, they are free to create a new thread with instructions, much like zehjotkah did with this one before he got overwhelmed. Check my first post in the thread for a link to the wiki article that contains the instructions.

Don't create a new thread to request a "port" of starcraft--there's already a thread for the impossible ports of proprietary PC games to post in if you want to make noise along those lines.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Last edited by Flandry; 2010-03-08 at 15:34.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread