Active Topics

Is this possible? If so, should I follow the steps here for the 800?

http://maemo.org/community/wiki/howt...from_mmc_card/

Thanks!

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Check out my signature. Good luck.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
Yes, you can boot your N810 from mmc1 - I am right now.

IIRC the instructions are the same as for the N800 except you will need to make a bootmenu.conf file before flashing due to a bug with the N810s if a SD card (mmc2) is inserted and you're booting from mmc1. Do a search for bootmenu.conf and you can find some examples of how to fix or for and more info. Fanoush includes some samples on the flasher zip.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
With current version you don't need any special bootmenu.conf unless you want to change something. Default menu has items for both cards.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
With current version you don't need any special bootmenu.conf unless you want to change something. Default menu has items for both cards.
good to know Thanks Fanoush!

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
On the N800, the internal SD card is MMC2 and the [other] removable SD card is MMC1. On the N810, is the internal memory called MMC2 and the removable card called MMC1?

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
On the N800, the internal SD card is MMC2 and the [other] removable SD card is MMC1. On the N810, is the internal memory called MMC2 and the removable card called MMC1?
yup.

bun

Ok, I will look into your guide. I really just need the extra space