Closed Thread
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
I put some serious input about protecting the N900 against overheating and i did it in a fair way giving my opinion as an engineer.
What is wrong with that?.
Read ALL the issue here before making judgement.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
You've become more annoying that most people are willing to put up with? You've overstayed your welcome? You don't play well with others?

The thing is... you're creating a situation where people will largely ignore you due to your actions.
Ok you lot get on with it but i know many many many people are going to start realising this forum as a complete sham as far as its moderating is concerned.

I am reporting the truth here nothing more.
If this gets me banned then it will prove something is terribly wrong.
I am neither swearing nor being nasty in any way.

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
I put some serious input about protecting the N900 against overheating and i did it in a fair way giving my opinion as an engineer.
What is wrong with that?.
Read ALL the issue here before making judgement.
But they do not care

They know the risks and choose to proceed. I'm very sure someone mentioned the risks at the start of the thread. Nokia has released their official statement on it.

They can do whatever they like with their device. This is like telling a user not to watch pr0n on his computer because some pr0n sites have malware. The user is aware and chooses to continue. Let it go and quit creating a sh*tstorm

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
I actually respect you as a very valued member of this community and i appreciate what your saying and agree with you but hell there is something very very wrong here and i just don't know what to do about it if Reggie is not answering me.
Ahem. Allow me to step in here and participate, if you will allow:
abill_uk. Dude. Chill. No, seriously! Chill.

They're moderators. This is their forum, and only our forum for as much as they allow it to be our forum. When you are in someone's house, you politely suggest and ask for things. You don't just open the front door, wander past them and start adjusting their furniture and eating their food without permission.

I complain a LOT. A lot. hehe.. a loooot these days. I'm certain that I'm a pain in the ***--but whatever a moderator tells me or wants, I figure it's their home and I'm obliged to either listen or go somewhere else.

I suggest you settle down and politely let them know about something and then have the patience to either let them handle it or else accept that they feel like leaving it that way. Alternatively, you can go find other places to hang out or even start your own. If you think you know better how to run a forum, I'm sure you'll do a bang-up job.. otherwise, just exercise a little politeness and patience.

God knows I have little patience but knowing it's their site helps.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
I i just don't know what to do about it if Reggie is not answering me.
In the words of Don Corleone...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2jAwiq6YsE

Last edited by cfh11; 2010-06-03 at 21:04.

I want everyone to go to the thread titled Overclock the N900? and read the last 3 or 4 pages.
It speaks for itself.
Who is this moderator called Flandry? who is Matan? are they personal friends?
What is Reggie allowing to happen on this forum?.
dude, please go crawl into a small hole.

I reported you for this thread

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=4327

Oh and you should stop bringing up the engineer thing.

Seriously

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nosa101 For This Useful Post:
Ok i am going to sit back and wait to see what Reggie does about this situation.
Nosa i cannot agree with you i am sorry to say so i will just let everyone now go to the thread concerned and read it all for themselves.
All i was doing was trying to help the overclocking in a safe way that would allow the device to handle such heat.
OK that is all i am prepared to say.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Ok i am going to sit back and wait to see what Reggie does about this situation.
Nosa i cannot agree with you i am sorry to say so i will just let everyone now go to the thread concerned and read it all for themselves.
All i was doing was trying to help the overclocking in a safe way that would allow the device to handle such heat.
OK that is all i am prepared to say.
Lets leave it at that - as this could get out of hand.

Reggie is a busy man, i'm sure he will take a look when he can.
Can we agree to lock this thread before it goes further please?
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Closed Thread

Tags
infraction, moderator