Notices

Anyone compared how this thing handles battery compared to the built in media player? I'm just wondering if I should expect to see much less battery life when using my speakers and listening to shoutcast streams via 2g.

i've finally got fed up with built in media player and will start using mediabox
in ver 2010.02.06 i cannot find saved playlists and when i add folder to the playlist it adds artwork too
then when it goes to next track (wich happens to be artwork) player stops on showing picture

one enhancement proposal
ability to edit tags - especially comments and rating - and show while playing (but also bpm and bitrate for example)

thanks for your work

Martin,

I have to say I love MediaBox -- very well done! I played with several of the media players; and I have to say you have done one awesome job!

A couple issues that I noticed.
1. Screen fading sometimes glitches music (probably nothing you can do about it ) -- also glitches badly when under a load.
2. Is it necessary to call fm-boost at the start of every song (maybe you should integrate the source)?
3. Occasionally it will lockup at either the end/beginning of a new song. Once it locked up with the loading fm-boost notice on the screen.

Enhancements:
4. I would love to see the "volume" buttons work while locked to allow switching of tracks.

Nathan

The Following User Says Thank You to Nathan For This Useful Post:
Yeah, like Nathan said the track switching volume rocker would be nice although risky when in your pocket heh.

Also wondering how the widget is coming along
________
Blonde Babe

Last edited by nax3000; 2011-03-18 at 12:23.

I love this media player. Unlike the crap built in media player it actually shows my correct tags.

Just a couple of problems I am having that is making me from abandoning the built in media player completely:

1. The album art shows very blurry like a picture that has been blown up alot. I know album arts are normally very small picture files and media box is possibly blowing them up but they shouldn't really be showing like this because the same album art shows perfectly clearly on the default media player and was the same on my ipod touch even though that shows in full screen and so far far bigger than how mediabox shows album art - speaking of which could an option be added to show album art in full screen? Makes it look much more attractive).

2. Browsing in albums is completely unusable due to the way it handles compilation albums. For example I have an album called 100 R&B Classics and it shows up as 100 different albums because each track has a different artist.

3. It does not see my m3u playlists and I usually select my music by playlists.

4. It doesn't allow searching by typing in what you are looking for like the default player does (apart from for albums).

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
1. The album art shows very blurry like a picture that has been blown up alot. I know album arts are normally very small picture files and media box is possibly blowing them up but they shouldn't really be showing like this because the same album art shows perfectly clearly on the default media player and was the same on my ipod touch even though that shows in full screen and so far far bigger than how mediabox shows album art - speaking of which could an option be added to show album art in full screen? Makes it look much more attractive).
Most likely you have two cover art version. A good one and a tiny blurry one. The cover art size doesn't matter to MediaBox and in your case it sounds like the tiny one is used.

2. Browsing in albums is completely unusable due to the way it handles compilation albums. For example I have an album called 100 R&B Classics and it shows up as 100 different albums because each track has a different artist.
This will be fixed in the next version.

3. It does not see my m3u playlists and I usually select my music by playlists.
Thanks for this suggestion.

4. It doesn't allow searching by typing in what you are looking for like the default player does (apart from for albums).
This is a planned feature.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by nax3000 View Post
Yeah, like Nathan said the track switching volume rocker would be nice although risky when in your pocket heh.
Unfortunately, the N900 doesn't allow using the volume buttons while the screen is locked.

Originally Posted by nax3000 View Post
Also wondering how the widget is coming along
I have started with the D-Bus interface to make the widget happen.

Posts: 462 | Thanked: 550 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Moscow
MediaBox Home Widget teaser
Based on API from SVN rev. 876.
It's stable at the moment, but lacks features.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 412b For This Useful Post:
Looks awesome!
________
Gang bang club

Last edited by nax3000; 2011-03-18 at 12:23.

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On

The Following User Says Thank You to joshua.maverick For This Useful Post:

Tags
fmradio, mediabox, upnp, youtube