Notices

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Netweaver View Post
quick update with new keyboard layouts :

I'm not the original developer so I'm not uploading it in the repositories.

As I needed a Belgian keyboard layout and it was not available in the gui, I looked in the code and I saw the following list of keyboards was remarked out :

I've put them back in now, recompiled into a deb file and it's downloadable here : http://www.filefactory.com/file/caa254b/n/rdesktop_1.7-maemo3_armel.deb

I've not changed the version as it's not an official one and the only change is the bigger list of presented keyboardlayouts in the gui.

Obviously the programmers didn't think anyone of these countries would ever use rdesktop gui on Maemo

Thanks to them anyway to make it available in the first place.

I've tested the install on my N900 and it works fine, with my Belgian (remote) keyboard.

Have fun !
It's been a long while since you put that file up now, so I'm not surprised I get a File not found message. Any chance you could put it up again? I need the Swedish keyboard.

Originally Posted by bocephus View Post
It's been a long while since you put that file up now, so I'm not surprised I get a File not found message. Any chance you could put it up again? I need the Swedish keyboard.
This workd for me:

http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...emo3_armel.deb

Originally Posted by jw461 View Post
This workd for me:

http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...emo3_armel.deb
Yes, but that would be the one compiled with half the keymaps marked out, would it not?

I have no idea...it seems to work okay though so I have no complaints.

Originally Posted by jw461 View Post
I have no idea...it seems to work okay though so I have no complaints.
Well, yes, it is. And of course it works ok as long as you don't need any of the keymaps that were commented out before the build was made. (Why were they, anyway?)

Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible View Post
I have a problem sharing the MyDocs folder. For a short time I can access the MyDocs and MMC but then the the N900 refuses the connection. It says that the network isn't available but rdesktop is running and I still can remote control the PC.

Edit:
Here is a screenshot.
You may install "kernel-module-nls-utf8" to solve this problem.

the best way is using 'rdesktop' app. search into extra-dev. below is the youtube url.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hjKoMoqOQ8

The best way for what? Are You referring to?... Or is it just useless spam-like post?

If You haven't noticed, this thread isn't only about connecting to windows desktop, and rdesktop was mentioned here *plentora* times.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Does rdesktop support terminal service (TS) gateway?

Trying to get onto a network that requires traffic to go through a TS Gateway, but the GUI for rdesktop doesn't have any options for this.

Cheers,
Fred

Hi,
I need help. I installed vnc both on my n900 and my comp (windows 8 pro). The problem is I canīt connect to my comp from my n900. The otherway around is fine, I can connect from my comp to my n900. I checked windows firewall both outgoing and ingoing traffic. I have also disabled my antivirus firewall just to check if there is the problem but still I cannot connect to my comp from my n900. So where is the problem? The way I go when I want to conenct to my comp: First I start x11vnc then I start vnc in my n900, then I write the ip address and get the message: could not connect to server
Hope someone can help.
Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
miro / Serbia