Active Topics

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
New donation by mrsellout; 50€
Check all donations here: http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo.org_Codi...ity_Prize_Fund
Ok so the donations seem to work. I tried to donate but paypal kept showing an error. I'll try it again

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to almamo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
New donation by mrsellout; 50€
Brilliant - thanks mrsellout!

Originally Posted by almamo View Post
Ok so the donations seem to work. I tried to donate but paypal kept showing an error. I'll try it again
Sorry to hear you had a problem donating almamo, I also had an error the first 3 times I tried Because the error message was in German, I hadn't a clue what was going wrong. The problem was I was using a '.' (full stop) instead of a ',' (comma) with the Euro amount. I'm afraid some of us British aren't very used to using Euros, i only worked it out when I pasted the error message into google translate

Here's the steps that should enable you to donate:

Step 1) Click on the competition donation link.

Step 2) If you'd like to donate 5 Euros to the competition you'd type in "5,00" into the amount box. Click on the orange colored button that says "Summe neu berechnen" to confirm.

Step 3) This will update the total on the right hand side with the new amount ('5,00')

Step 4) Login to paypal (if you haven't already). The login box is towards the bottom right of the page.

Step 5) On the next screen (summary) click on the '+' symbol to open a box to include your maemo.org username (if you have one) or leave a message to zehjotkah how you'd like to be identified (anon, etc)

Step 6) Finally, click on the "Donate" button just below. All done

zehjotkah will update the wiki with the details once the email comes through

Edit: I'll add this post to the wiki in case it helps anyone else

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-06-18 at 15:50.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Switzerland
@kojacker: Thank you for your help! German wouldn't have been a problem since I understand and speak it. I got an error once I wanted to confirm the donation. But I still could benefit from your illustrations and yes it worked now

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to almamo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
and there we go:
20EUR donated by almamo

Check all blablablubb here: http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo.org_Codi...ity_Prize_Fund

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Ive added my entry to the list in the Wiki

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to piggz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Added "Calculus" for MeeGo Harmattan to the 2012 Code Competition, just to participate, not to win any decide. In "2012 Device Program: New Apps for Nokia Store" I am (with "SymPy Interactive Shell" for MeeGo Harmattan) selected to receive a Nokia N9.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Hi, can someone please add me with Music Downloader, multimedia/network, an app to download music, my name is Ivan Pintado, thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to ivanph For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ivanph View Post
Hi, can someone please add me with Music Downloader, multimedia/network, an app to download music, my name is Ivan Pintado, thanks
No problem, you're added now Ivan I wasn't sure if you were a beginner or not so I left that bit blank for the moment

The Following User Says Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
One question about the "Beginner" entry: does a beginner compete in both the chosen category and the Beginner category at the same time ? Or only in the Beginner category ?

The Following User Says Thank You to Tofe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Tofe View Post
One question about the "Beginner" entry: does a beginner compete in both the chosen category and the Beginner category at the same time ? Or only in the Beginner category ?
Beginner's will be part of both Tofe. So a beginner would align their application with one of the main 5 categories when they enter it, and also at the same time mark it as a beginner entry. We'll pick up the submission and enter it into both categories. Think of it as a little extra incentive to get new developers onboard the Maemo train.

In regards to the competition, a beginner is someone who is releasing their first Maemo/MeeGo/etc application during the competition time frame. Here's the full 'beginner rule':

•Coding competition entries marked as beginner will also automatically be entered into the beginners contest if they meet the following criteria: entries to the beginners competition must be the authors first released coding project(s) for the Maemo and MeeGo Harmattan platforms, and must have been first released between the competition start and end dates.
I notice you have listed QSyncDAV as a non-beginner entry on the wiki table, do you feel you should change it? Or was your query a more general one?

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-06-22 at 15:31.

Tags
happy new year, mcc2012, merry christmas