Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Thanks for update!
Found a little problem, when you use "show as text", on the some files it stuck the app and you can't do nothing instead killall harbour-filetug.
It happens to me on the specific file: /var/log/wpa_sapplicant.log, for now with other files all is ok..

Great job with this one!

Pulley menus are a bit problematic though. If you want to copy a file, you have to scroll all the way up to access the pulley menu. I'd suggest making current folder name "sticky" to the top of the screen so that you can pull the menu from there. Mitakuuluu has this kind of feature and I think it is quite nice.

Posts: 491 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Pordenone IT

The Following User Says Thank You to lorenzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
can u add a more feature that is 'Cut' ?

Originally Posted by TemeV View Post
Great job with this one!

Pulley menus are a bit problematic though. If you want to copy a file, you have to scroll all the way up to access the pulley menu. I'd suggest making current folder name "sticky" to the top of the screen so that you can pull the menu from there. Mitakuuluu has this kind of feature and I think it is quite nice.
I'll probably add some kind of dropdown menu which is visible when selecting files or when you have files in the clipboard. I'll have to think a bit about how to implement it.

Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
can u add a more feature that is 'Cut' ?
I'll add it in after I'm done with the change detailed above. The pulley menu on top is cluttered enough as of now.

Originally Posted by lorenzo View Post
i made this icon if you like https://www.dropbox.com/s/ob4r7a66jyly396/filetug.png
Thanks for the icon, but I'm planning on dropping off the folder icon entirely from the application icon and replacing it with something more imaginative than a folder icon. Not a priority at the moment since I'm definitely not good at graphical design, but if anyone wants to contribute, I'd be glad to add it.

I should also note that any contributions to the application (eg. code contributions, icons, etc.) should be licensed using Unlicense or other permissive license. I can't just add someone's contribution if they don't make it clear how it's licensed.

EDIT:
Version 0.1-6 of the application has now been released!

The UI for file operations has been redesigned and you can now more easily flick across huge file lists.

Last edited by Matoking; 2014-02-09 at 11:31.

Posts: 491 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Pordenone IT
Originally Posted by Matoking View Post
Thanks for the icon, but I'm planning on dropping off the folder icon entirely from the application icon and replacing it with something more imaginative than a folder icon. Not a priority at the moment since I'm definitely not good at graphical design, but if anyone wants to contribute, I'd be glad to add it.
i can try to draw something, what type of icon are you thinking about?

Originally Posted by lorenzo View Post
i can try to draw something, what type of icon are you thinking about?
No idea, to be honest. I dislike the folder icon since it's already used by a whole lot of other applications.

Can you integrate some code from Tiny Edit in your program? Also the sftp/SMB protocols would be great. (Android ES File Explorer features)

Nice work, so far your file manager is the best on Sailfish.

Florian

Originally Posted by coco_f2001 View Post
Can you integrate some code from Tiny Edit in your program? Also the sftp/SMB protocols would be great. (Android ES File Explorer features)

Nice work, so far your file manager is the best on Sailfish.

Florian
Being able to create and edit text files is one of the features I'm planning on adding somewhat soon.

FTP support isn't one of my long-term goals at the moment, but I'll keep that in mind if more people request it.

EDIT:
Version 0.1-7 of the application is now out. New features include a simple text editor, being able to change file permissions and the new Shortcuts page that is shown at startup.

Last edited by Matoking; 2014-02-11 at 09:01.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Matoking For This Useful Post:
Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Would it be possible to add some share options? I am especially missing the option to share my music because there is no way to share it on Jolla - a real shame.