Notices

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by extendedping View Post
Is there a way to have the n900 default browser give an option to open files in this app as opposed to the default media player? I ask because a site my wife subscribes to (my-home-tv.com) which works in ubuntu (firefox opens the streaming videos in mplayer with no issues) refuses to work on the n900.

thanks for listening.
There would be a way as MediaBox can now accept files on the command line (even while it's running you can e.g. enter "MediaBox /media/mmc1/music.mp3" to load that file into MediaBox).
So with some tweaking of Maemo's MIME type associations, MediaBox could be registered as default player for certain file types.

This is a task where you don't need any programming. Any volunteers?

Originally Posted by dlenoir View Post
I can confirm that I'm experiencing the same behaviour since the last upgrade.
This has the highest priority to be fixed.

I got the 9.11.10 update for n8x0. Very nice with potrait mode! pycage really does rock.

I do have a feature request. Would it be possible to add rotation commands to mediabox, so we wouldn't have to minimize mediabox to rotate? Also it would be neat if sliding out the keyboard to type in mediabox would cause it to automatically rotate to landscape. But these are just bells and wistles. Thhanks again for the great app!

The Following User Says Thank You to cstryon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
I tried Mediabox a long time ago and could not get used to the UI but I'm trying out this latest version (N810) and it seems more accessible (to me) now. Nice work.

Will play around with it and some plug-ins - but what I mostly wanted to say is thank you for keeping Diablo users in mind.

EDIT: Some things I'd love to see added/changed after playing with Mediabox for a bit are;

a) Put the slider on the right side and not the left,

b) I love the widget but it is WAY big. Would it be possible to have a small/compact widget version without the CD image and the blank rows between the three actions. There's not much screen real-estate on the NITs

c) I wish I could adjust the volume level with the h/w keys from any screen when in Mediabox and not just on the screen where I can see the media being played,

d) Is the only way to change to portrait/landscape to go through the actions in advance-backlight?

e) Is it technically possible to make the UI on N8x0 activate icons by one tap instead of doubletaps (or as I often have to do 3-4 taps)? I would assume so as that is how the icons on the right side works.
This is probably my biggest pet-peeve with the UI

f) I manually selected a folder to index/scan for media. It had a number of sub-folders. Many of them had thumbnails, etc in them and I ended up with 20+ folders in the pictures folder. How do I remove folders from showing up when looking at local images (I can 'add to playlist' and 'put on shelf' but not 'remove from index')?

g) Lastly, something I'm not sure is Mediabox related as I seem to have this problem outside of it - I can not get any youtube videos to play. In Media box I tries setting the flash media player to osso, gstream and mplayer but none of them works and either nothings happens or I get a message 'Invalid Media'.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Last edited by silvermountain; 2010-09-12 at 08:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cstryon View Post
I do have a feature request. Would it be possible to add rotation commands to mediabox, so we wouldn't have to minimize mediabox to rotate? Also it would be neat if sliding out the keyboard to type in mediabox would cause it to automatically rotate to landscape. But these are just bells and wistles. Thhanks again for the great app!
Yes, this will be possible once portrait mode is properly supported by the N8x0 version. Version 2010.09.11 seems to work well in portrait mode already if you enable it by hand, so it might get integrated soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
a) Put the slider on the right side and not the left,
The slider is on the left so that you can easily grab it on the edge of the screen without having to worry to hit other buttons. What's wrong with it being on the left?

b) I love the widget but it is WAY big. Would it be possible to have a small/compact widget version without the CD image and the blank rows between the three actions. There's not much screen real-estate on the NITs
I agree. Something along the size of the N900 media player widget would be nice. 412b is the man behind the widget.

c) I wish I could adjust the volume level with the h/w keys from any screen when in Mediabox and not just on the screen where I can see the media being played,
Good point!

d) Is the only way to change to portrait/landscape to go through the actions in advance-backlight?
Currently yes, because portrait mode is not supported by the N8x0 version of MediaBox at the moment. But we're close to it!

e) Is it technically possible to make the UI on N8x0 activate icons by one tap instead of doubletaps (or as I often have to do 3-4 taps)? I would assume so as that is how the icons on the right side works.
This is probably my biggest pet-peeve with the UI
Maybe I'm going to make this configurable. Actually the touchscreen of the N8x0 isn't sensitive enough to make single taps work well. To often you end up opening stuff instead of scrolling.
The N900 version defaults to single tapping because its touchscreen is excellent.

f) I manually selected a folder to index/scan for media. It had a number of sub-folders. Many of them had thumbnails, etc in them and I ended up with 20+ folders in the pictures folder. How do I remove folders from showing up when looking at local images (I can 'add to playlist' and 'put on shelf' but not 'remove from index')?
Removing particular files from the index is not yet implemented. You can clear the whole index, however.

g) Lastly, something I'm not sure is Mediabox related as I seem to have this problem outside of it - I can not get any youtube videos to play. In Media box I tries setting the flash media player to osso, gstream and mplayer but none of them works and either nothings happens or I get a message 'Invalid Media'.
Can you get YouTube to play on the N8x0 with any app, or maybe the problem lies elsewhere?

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
It is not always easy to select a single song/file/whatever because the frame around it seems to distract a click. The default select behaviour in a native Fremantle QT program seems to be easier.

Posts: 462 | Thanked: 550 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Moscow
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
I agree. Something along the size of the N900 media player widget would be nice. 412b is the man behind the widget.
There is compact layout for Maemo5 already, as soon as I finish porting to OS2008 there will be one too

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 412b For This Useful Post:
Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
Thanks for all the hard work! Loving the update for the N8XX.

Controlling the volume level with the h/w keys from any screen would be a great feature.

Thanks Again!

Some youtube videos given error. Following is an example of that. Any idea why it fails?

Code:
Formats: {}
Requested Video Quality: 5
2010-09-12 16:53:22.761 - ERROR   --- error loading media file: <youtube:///videos/UzJGeWIyd2dRbUZuYUNBM2RHZ2dVMlZ3ZEdWdFltVnlJREl3TVRBZ2NIUXhJR052Y0hseWFXZG9kQ0JFVFVOTVBTQmFaV1VnVkZZPSxZbmtnZFhCaWRXeHJNVFF3Q2pNNk1qSUpkVzV5WVhSbFpBazBNamdnZG1sbGQzTT0sUmpWTVVDMVBkazVCV1VVPSxhSFIwY0Rvdkwya3VlWFJwYldjdVkyOXRMM1pwTDBZMVRGQXRUM1pPUVZsRkx6SXVhbkJu>
>   Traceback (most recent call last):
>     File "/home/builder1/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/mediabox-2010.09.11/debian/mediabox/opt/mediabox/components/video_player/VideoPlayer.py", line 375, in load
>     File "/home/builder1/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/mediabox-2010.09.11/debian/mediabox/opt/mediabox/components/media_output/LocalOutput.py", line 78, in load_video
>     File "/home/builder1/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/mediabox-2010.09.11/debian/mediabox/opt/mediabox/storage/File.py", line 429, in get_resource
>     File "/home/builder1/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/mediabox-2010.09.11/debian/mediabox/opt/mediabox/components/youtube/YouTube.py", line 639, in get_resource
>     File "/home/builder1/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/mediabox-2010.09.11/debian/mediabox/opt/mediabox/components/youtube/YouTube.py", line 619, in __get_video
>   KeyError: 5
MAFW PROPERTY CHANGED xid 67108918 <type 'long'>

Tags
mediabox, pycage rules