Posts: 397 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
PR 1.3 installed, running Windows XP SP3, and same problem, can send image from N900 to PC via BT.

Can anyone report as to whether deleting the pairing, initiating a send image via Bluetooth breaks the ability of the N900 to sync with the PC via PC Suite over BT? That is, do I need to "re-pair" to be able to sync via PC Suite over BT?

I've just encountered this. I'm sorry but this is absolutely braindead why this doesn't work. What's the point in having a bluetooth send entry on PR1.3 if it doesn't work?

I've in the past successfully sent files from Linux PC -> N900, but I cannot send images from N900 -> Linux PC with or without prior pairing.

Edit: I just tried Petrovich with also no joy.

Both simply stall at the "Send to a device" prompt, as it scans but presumably because it doesn't think the PC has support for the right profile doesn't show it. The same dialog is in use in the Bluetooth device searching menu, however my PC gets recognised instantly. Please is there any way to fix this?

Thank you.

Edit 2
: I just tried sending to another phone, that gets detected and goes through fine. When examining the PC and the other phone in the Bluetooth devices list, the only different profiles are SPP and DUN, neither of which I think are differences which would prevent the correct sending to the PC.

Last edited by Dead1nside; 2011-03-09 at 14:17.

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by Dead1nside View Post
I've just encountered this. I'm sorry but this is absolutely braindead why this doesn't work. What's the point in having a bluetooth send entry on PR1.3 if it doesn't work?

I've in the past successfully sent files from Linux PC -> N900, but I cannot send images from N900 -> Linux PC with or without prior pairing.

Edit: I just tried Petrovich with also no joy.

Both simply stall at the "Send to a device" prompt, as it scans but presumably because it doesn't think the PC has support for the right profile doesn't show it. The same dialog is in use in the Bluetooth device searching menu, however my PC gets recognised instantly. Please is there any way to fix this?

Thank you.

Edit 2
: I just tried sending to another phone, that gets detected and goes through fine. When examining the PC and the other phone in the Bluetooth devices list, the only different profiles are SPP and DUN, neither of which I think are differences which would prevent the correct sending to the PC.
Is it any wonder that Nokia is spiraling down the crapper? They produced the greatest phone that ever was IMO, and it's like the never bothered to use it to see if it works?

The Phone functionality Blows chunks.

I wish they would open source the closed bits and let this community make it into a Legend, rather than a footnote, which is what it will pan out to be.

If they would Open Source the rest of it, I would buy like 5 of them, to keep for turnover.

I agree with you les_garten -- if they're going to abandon it, and they have done, then can they not at least either fix some glaring bugs, or preferably open source these closed components? I don't see why they'd have an interest in, for example, keeping the calendar closed source.

Back to my problem though, does anybody else, especially running a Linux PC have problems sending via bluetooth from the N900? I really would appreciate some help. I can send to the N900, and the N900 does detect and is paired properly with my PC, but when it comes to sharing files it refuses to detect my PC, but it will seemingly detect other devices such as my other phone.

Thanks again.

The Following User Says Thank You to jstokes For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jstokes View Post
Maybe http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=69239 will help
Thank you. That led me to what the problem was, not the N900's fault.

For anybody else who has these issues with Linux (and in my case Fedora 14), you have to right-click the blueman-applet in the notification area (near the clock) and go to "Local Services"; Then choose "Transfer", and under "File Receiving (Object Push)", check
"Accept files from trusted devices".

The Following User Says Thank You to Dead1nside For This Useful Post:
i suffer from the same problem when sending file to a black berry, but am able to receive from black berry, can any one help me pls