Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Hi,
I have 3 BT Earpieces that all sound choppy whether WiFi is enabled or not. They all do different versions of the BT protocol but they are the same manufacturer.

Jawbone
Jawbone 2
Jawbone Prime

The receiving end is especially bad.

How about we do a thread to list Headsets that work well. I really have to have BT work well.

If I can't get my Jawbone to work where it is usable, I would like to use a BlueAnt Q1.

Has anybody successfully used the BlueAnt Q1?

What headsts are working really well with the N900 ?
Let's list them here.

Last edited by les_garten; 2010-01-16 at 23:54.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Montreal, Canada
Hey there!

I am currently using a Plantronics discovery 975. It works pretty well. It comes with a portable case charger which is really handy!

The Following User Says Thank You to phyneex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
I had the blueant v1 which was a pretty nice bt headeset range was ok and it was clear ane loud on both ends. But im using the jarba stone now which is a great bt headset! Love the design and the charging stone that comes with it really comes in handy when you need to charge on the go.

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ CT USA
platronics voyager pro works great

Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
I had the blueant v1 which was a pretty nice bt headeset range was ok and it was clear ane loud on both ends. But im using the jarba stone now which is a great bt headset! Love the design and the charging stone that comes with it really comes in handy when you need to charge on the go.
Does the Blueant work WELL with the N900?

I'm only interested in tested devices that function VERY WELL with the N900.

My Jawbones work great with everything but the N900. I have a bug open on this but it has not been addressed and I'm worried it won't be.

Last edited by les_garten; 2010-01-16 at 23:55.

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
It works pretty good for what it's worth the blueant v1

The Following User Says Thank You to Hotshot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
Does the Blueant work WELL with the N900?

I'm only interested in tested devices that function VERY WELL with the N900.

My Jawbones work great with everything but the N900. I have a bug open on this but it has not been addressed and I'm worried it won't be.
I have a Jawbone 2 also and it works ok. I am not having any issues with it. Have you tried any other bluetooth?

Also, do you have 2 cell phones with bluetooth on but was paired with the same jawbone? That might cause the problem...

Originally Posted by amorek13 View Post
platronics voyager pro works great
I find that ths particular bluetooth headset is big and a bit uncomfy, especially for those who has glasses. but as for sound quality, its #1

Originally Posted by phyneex View Post
I have a Jawbone 2 also and it works ok. I am not having any issues with it. Have you tried any other bluetooth?

Also, do you have 2 cell phones with bluetooth on but was paired with the same jawbone? That might cause the problem...
No, only one phone paired. The Jawbones are just real choppy with a lot of artifact. I don't have any other BT headsets. But if I have to get another I would like to try the BlueAnt. If that doesn't work well, who knows, Plantronics I guess.

My idea with this post is to get a list of headsets that perform well.

I have bought more bluetooth headsets than I care to admit.

Everyone I have ever purchased always had me going back to my 3 year old Plantronics 590As!

Until the past week! I purchased a set of the Nokia BH-905s for ~$200 and they sound great! They are a little big but since they come with noise canceling, I can overlook that!

Any how, they are the best value bluetooth headsets I have tried! I also tried the Sennheiser MM 450s, but they weren't any better than the Nokia BH 905s which were 40% of the price of the Sennheisers!

Best Regards,

Shane