Closed Thread
HI,

I reported a problem of constant CPU usage, it was due to Shake-N-Surf MicroB add-on.
I uninstalled it and now its fine

Hi, how can i remove the hildon-desktop as when i try to install the CSSU its giving me error and wont install and the problem is the hildon-desktop.

Originally Posted by Boemien View Post
I think, IMO that this problem is related to power kernel. I did never talk about this before because I thought it was knew.
Installing Power Kernel make the phone not to reboot (At least in my case). Each time I Flash my phone, and add reboot option to power menu (or even reboot from command line), everything goes well. But Once I install an application which requires Power Kernel, the phone does not reboot.
I never installed the power kernel and had this problem intermittently since the day I got my N900, so I doubt the power kernel is to blame...

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
hello guys,

i really dont have the time to read all the posts in this thread. here is my problem.

1. after the community ssu my brightness has been always on full and i cannot see the brightness slider in the control panel.
2. i find an update for community update in the app manager but i cannot update. the phone downloads the update and reboots. it says the update is installing but shutsdown at 6 percent everytime.

please help if you can. thanks

Originally Posted by Shinigamijim View Post
i have one problem.... im unable to change the bright of my device
I have the same problem, the brightness control is now just one solid bar that will not respond to touch, any help would be appreciated.
thanks
mart5.1

Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
Originally Posted by Mart5.1 View Post
I have the same problem, the brightness control is now just one solid bar that will not respond to touch, any help would be appreciated.
thanks
mart5.1
I've used for months Simple Brightness Applet, I consider it very useful and it works perfectly with CSSU.

Originally Posted by lsolano View Post
I've used for months Simple Brightness Applet, I consider it very useful and it works perfectly with CSSU.
No it does not, at least two users are having problems with it, read the posts! I was looking for help not opinions.

first of all a big thx to the developers for making an update for n900..I have a request pls pls make a software which can make video calls over 3g network..I mean 3g video calling over utms network not voip calls..i know video calling is possible throug skype and google talk but i stay in India and here hardly anyone uses skype or gtalk..and In India 3g servies are just started and I would like to do a video call from my phone to my frnds and all....i feel bad when i see mobiles like samsung star doing video calls over 3g ..I know n900 is a computer with a mobile....PLS PLS mohammad ag make my wish true would really thank YOU if u can make it possible and I know u can do it PLS

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
For those who have problems with the brightness applet,
have you made some "tweaks" with the brightness gconf
settings? And can you post the output of this command:
gconftool -R /system/osso/dsm

Nicolai

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
I tried CSSU and for now I experience 2 issues. Modest (3.90.7-5) randomly chrashes and icons (shortcuts, widgets...) on desktop (hildon-home 0.3.71-4) become unresponsive after some time.

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade