Notices

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Hi,

From pupnik's page:

This program provides your tablet with separate display brightness and screen dimming/blanking delays depending on whether it is plugged-in. The N800 version also helps keep your network connection alive.
Just a heads up, I asked derf for the source and it was broken and he gave me a new link for the source. Thanks derf for creating this and for the link

I'm unsure as to whether I should share a deb but if you grab the source:
http://people.xiph.org/~tterribe/acmonitor-0.1.tar.gz
untar it in scratchbox Chinook Armel target
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot

and install the deb, you get a acmonitor that works fine on OS2008

I find it great, now I can switch my display and timeout settings between the charger and battery.

Last edited by qwerty12; 2008-06-29 at 12:54.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post

I'm unsure as to whether I should share a deb but ...
A deb would be nice. Never been in Scratchbox ... much to learn? If no deb, reasonable to ask for instructions?

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
A deb would be nice. Never been in Scratchbox ... much to learn? If no deb, reasonable to ask for instructions?
You have linux? :P

Or you can emulate a linux with SB with an vmware image (http://maemovmware.garage.maemo.org/) . (Although I went and installed SBox into my ubuntu )

Here's the deb I built, I managed to install it fine with dpkg, never tried application manager.

Install the deb, plug in your charger,go into display in control panel and set the brightness, and times. Take the charger out and go back into display and set the brightness and times and now, your N800 will automatically switch between brightness and times.

Also, this will ping google to keep the network connection alive.

Great job derf!

(Also, if you have gconf-editor, you can edit the settings manually too (/apps/acmonitor)
Attached Files
File Type: deb acmonitor_0.1_armel.deb (7.9 KB, 1017 views)

Last edited by qwerty12; 2008-04-18 at 16:58.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Does it work in Diablo? I installed it but it doesn't seem to work. That or advanced backlight statusbar applet is intefering.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Dhaka
can anyone make a fremantle version for the N900. please........
this is a very useful application.

source code is here http://people.xiph.org/~tterribe/dis...tor-0.1.tar.gz

edit:
It works. man it works on my N900.

Last edited by carbonjha; 2011-11-18 at 17:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to carbonjha For This Useful Post: