Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
#mer-meeting: SailfishOS, open source, collaboration: 11-Feb-2016 @ 14:30 UTC
3 - Status update from Jolla (tablets, financing, resourcing, etc.) - Jolla + community (10 min) (cybette, 14:36:00)
please address the subject of the tablet situation (delivery to backers, taobao situation) - Also, what about additional perks - e.g. 64GB upgrades - and $20 USD delivery fee that we were asked to add to the tablet contributions? Are those included in the current theoritical refund plan? (cybette, 14:36:06)
Refund program for Jolla tablet is not a trivial task as there is no ready solution available. Jolla has been working super hard on it with good progress, and is starting to send instructions etc. to contributors. (cybette, 14:39:20)
All the perks (64GB upgrades, delivery fee etc.) will be included in the refund program (cybette, 14:40:00)
Regarding Jolla Tablets on Taobao, according to Jolla's knowledge there would have been a few hundred devices on sale there, but the sellers indicate there are more devices. Jolla is still investingating this. (cybette, 14:41:56)
There are both 64GB and 32GB tablets in the batch of 540, but no exact figures of each. (cybette, 14:42:59)
It should not take long for the shipping of remaining 540 tablets, although no exact date yet. Please also refer to FAQ in latest blog post for other questions. (cybette, 14:45:38)
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Last edited by rcolistete; 2016-02-11 at 20:55. Reason: Fixed the link

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
link. Is dead. It's a scam.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 252 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
link. Is dead. It's a scam.
Calm down buddy.

http://merproject.org/meetings/mer-m...-11-14.30.html

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
"Refund program for Jolla tablet is not a trivial task as there is no ready solution available. Jolla has been working super hard on it with good progress, and is starting to send instructions etc. to contributors."

So refunds instructions are out or any day now?

If so, very good.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
Major difference : BQ is doing the tablet and Canonical the OS. They successfully delivered 2 phones in partnership. Different universe to Jolla, although the OS is not as polished as is Sailfish.
Originally Posted by billranton View Post
I really hope Jolla get an equivalent to BQ. Sailfish is far more mature than Ubuntu Touch, and deserves to be showcased on some decent hardware that doesn't let its batteries and sim cards fall out or end up in Dave's lockup in Peckham.
Can you explain how you measure which one is more mature and polish?

Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
No need to know chinese, see this TJC comment :
https://together.jolla.com/question/...post-id-128851
well I had to go back and forth as it seemed to clear my basket after each update. But it nows says ordered!

I guess I have to pay taxes, postage and all that once it arrives at their warehouse.

Lets wait and see if I've just be scammed for £150 lol

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Leuven/Belgium
Originally Posted by zenecho View Post
well I had to go back and forth as it seemed to clear my basket after each update. But it nows says ordered!

I guess I have to pay taxes, postage and all that once it arrives at their warehouse.

Lets wait and see if I've just be scammed for £150 lol
did you get Sailfish (more expensive) version or you want to 'fix' it yourself, following the guides?

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
I guess it's a screenshot from the Jolla tablet running Sailfish ?
No it is a tablet running windows on a Jolla tablet

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Germany - Potsdam
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
In other words

"Soon"
surprised again

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund