Posts: 52 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ León, Spain
I've already sended my N900 to Nokia Spain Online Shop. They say I'll get the new one IN THREE WEEKS! This is a complete shame...

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Shropshire UK
I'm trying to package mine up to send for repair in the UK now. Nokia informed me that a replacement would take at least 3 months! I can't see the repair going smoothly either - but there is always hope! They say the repair should take no more than 7 days - I just hope they are right and the engineers don't get overly interested in this rare device that they take it apart and it comes back with more faults than it went with!

(Must think more positively!)

I read through half of the thread and didn't see this mentioned... is anyone having the issue where the mic works, but the mute button always has a red slash through it?

The Following User Says Thank You to RTbar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Shropshire UK
Originally Posted by RTbar View Post
I read through half of the thread and didn't see this mentioned... is anyone having the issue where the mic works, but the mute button always has a red slash through it?
I have a feeling this is always the case - maybe someone can correct me - but I believe it is probably working fine even though the mute has a line through it - it looks as though the button only changes it's shade - as if pressed in when muted, but normal colour when not muted (i.e. the same picture though).

It probably doesn't get confusing if the microphone works, but it definitely confused me when testing my microphone! Maybe we can push for getting the actual picture to change - i.e. cross out when muted, no cross when it's active.

Unless of course I am talking rubbish, but can't test it because of my microphone!

Last edited by Ads; 2009-12-02 at 00:36. Reason: Correct typos

The Following User Says Thank You to Ads For This Useful Post:
yes, that icon is the mute button, it's normal. (my mic works and i can see it)

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Iowa, USA
My N900 from NokiaUSA also has a dead mic, very disappointed. They better replace it quickly or I'll have to drive to the Chicago store and throw a tantrum.

Originally Posted by nintendogs View Post
yes, that icon is the mute button, it's normal. (my mic works and i can see it)
doesn't that seem a little silly though? should the slash be there when it is actually MUTED? hopefully they fix that

Posts: 233 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by RTbar View Post
doesn't that seem a little silly though? should the slash be there when it is actually MUTED? hopefully they fix that
Something definitely needs fixing

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Iowa, USA
I'm approaching 2 hours on the phone (most of it being crappy jazz music) trying to get an RMA from NokiaUSA, this is quite frustrating.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ León, Spain
Originally Posted by Klowner View Post
I'm approaching 2 hours on the phone (most of it being crappy jazz music) trying to get an RMA from NokiaUSA, this is quite frustrating.
The Nokia Spain shop is a complete disaster: with luck you can reach one competent person, that guides you through the RMA process. I understand that the online shops are outsourced so this is not a direct responsability of Nokia.

In my case: I must put the N900 with ALL the gifts (BT headset and USB battery) in a box, they send to my email a sticker that I must stick to the box. Take that box to Correos (the national postal service in Spain) and wait at least THREE weeks to get the new N900.

Other companies, send an UPS courier to your door to get the box and send the replacement equipment (computer, batery, etc.) in the exact moment that the box is received back.

Tags
audio, broken, dead, doa, fail, failure, lack of quality control, mic, microphone, n900, n900 recall, no audio