Active Topics

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London UK
Originally Posted by Viipottaja View Post
Well it has multi-touch..
ohhhhhhhhhhhh..........

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London UK
Originally Posted by ZShakespeare View Post
The N900 doesn't have multi-touch though.
ahhhhhhhhhhh.....

Banned | Posts: 206 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vancouver
I saw a video once of a cell phone that let you "place a marker" on the screen and the use your finger to zoom based on it's position with the marker. Kinda like an emulated multitouch. We could probably so something like that.

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ZShakespeare View Post
I saw a video once of a cell phone that let you "place a marker" on the screen and the use your finger to zoom based on it's position with the marker. Kinda like an emulated multitouch. We could probably so something like that.
Yes. For instance you can place one finger on the proximity sensor and swipe your other finger across the screen to do a "fake" multitouch.

No home screen? I would really really hate that like crazy. The thing I love most about the N900 (apart from Conboy Notes) is the ability to have four desktops and put four different pictures of my baby boy as wallpaper and put any widgets and short cuts anywhere I want.

Although the fact my media player widget play button doesn't work and that my widgets keep disappearing does reduce the usefuleness of widgets but with someone other than Nokia involved I am more confident the widgets on meego would work.

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Copenhagen, Denmark
Hmm, looks meh! Numbers on dialpad too small, icons too small for that screen size (and only 3 rows... I want/like/they could easily fit 4 = more stuff to quick launch)

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Scotland
Currently a ubiimg build is ~512MB

Do not hold your breath on meego ever working as a primary OS on n900.

sorry noob here i wonder if i flash this image will the current software of my phone still be there? or will i have to re flash it again after using meego ?

Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
Originally Posted by ScottishDuck View Post
Currently a ubiimg build is ~512MB

Do not hold your breath on meego ever working as a primary OS on n900.
how did u know?
it says aroung 178 mbs in the download repo

Originally Posted by fahadj2003 View Post
how did u know?
it says aroung 178 mbs in the download repo
The new build from 1.1 pre-release is just a small .ks file. You have to completely build your own.

If you build a ubiimg it is 500+MB in size. The maximum the N900 internal flash can hold is 256MB.

So there is definitely going to be issues getting MeeGo with the full UI loaded into the flash memory of the N900. Which is unfortunate.

If it ever gets stable enough to truly use, whats likely going to happen is we'll have to install it to the internal 32GB SD or keep it on an External and just do a permanent kernel flash that boots from SD.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!