Poll: Delet the values from the speedpatch?
Poll Options
Delet the values from the speedpatch?

Thanks. I'll wait for the repos

Karam, thanks a lot. You have made amazing improvement to N900. With kernel-power v48 + speedpatch + batterypatch = good speed and long battery life. Long battery life is due to this: GOVERNOR=conservative. With this you must have SMARTREFLEX_VDD1=0 and MINFREQ=125. MAXFREQ can be over 1000, I have 850. There is one minor disadvantage. Some programs are slow at the first second.

Have a good day Karam.

The Following User Says Thank You to matinvesi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
Thanks. I'll wait for the repos
i will wait too

After installing Power Kernel v48, do i need to reinstall speedpatch? I am not too sure, but after upgrading kernel, it looks like bit slow... no sure if the speed patch isn't active anymore! can i just like that reinstall (following basic install steps)

Posts: 856 | Thanked: 1,681 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Aleppo ,Syria
@matinvesi
i will try this and reply back
but what is the gogernor's job ?
and VDD2 is safe with it ?

Originally Posted by matinvesi View Post
. There is one minor disadvantage. Some programs are slow at the first second.
and maybe this happens because of the GOVERNOR? not sure but it doesn't happen with me
like what program?

@getnani
well i think you don't need to reinstall it
but you need to reboot twice after installing a new kernel

Last edited by karam; 2011-09-01 at 03:17.

Karam, yes VDD2=1 is safe with conservative governor. You will notice the conservative governor has only few parameters you can change.

I was curious to search more information of governors. Sorry the text is boring. ( https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php...ling_governors ): “CPUfreq refers to the kernel infrastructure that implements CPU frequency scaling. This technology enables the operating system to scale the CPU speed up or down in order to save power. CPU frequencies can be scaled automatically depending on the system load, in response to ACPI events, or manually by userspace programs. At a minimum, the needed kernel modules have to be loaded and then a governor has to be set”... “For Laptops or other mobile systems, the conservative governor can possibly provide significant savings in power consumption”.

From linux kernel documentation: ( http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Docum.../governors.txt ):

“The CPUfreq governor "ondemand" sets the CPU depending on the current usage. To do this the CPU must have the capability to switch the frequency very quickly”.

"The CPUfreq governor "conservative", much like the "ondemand" governor, sets the CPU depending on the current usage. It differs in behaviour in that it gracefully increases and decreases the CPU speed rather than jumping to max speed the moment there is any load on the CPU. This behaviour more suitable in a battery powered environment."

Happy with speedpatch and batterybatch !

The Following User Says Thank You to matinvesi For This Useful Post:
speedpatch and batterypatch are available on devel repository
i will start new thread about it .
but for now you can install them from HAM or FAM
or

Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install speedpatch batterypatch
enjoy

BUT I need some one to confirm that both repo versions are working
//EDIT
confirmed to work by corduroysack

Last edited by karam; 2011-09-01 at 18:39.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to karam For This Useful Post:
is it the same as the deb file which was posted earlier? did you do any more tweaks before uploading it to the repos?

yes trisha02 they are the same as the earlier versions
but i recommend you to install them from the repo in case any new updates are available

can you see the post that i posted in kernel-power 48 thread.i went back to K47 and i faced some prob in installing ur task swapper.can you please hav a look

Tags
autobrick, awesome-script, do no install, f***epitaph, install it now, perfect_ n900, script-a-brick, very safe