Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
The way I was releasing packages was getting hard for me to maintain, so I set up a quick repository.

The repository requires inception or open mode to enable, but further installations will be done with normal apt-get methods.

To enable the repository:
Code:
wget http://mohammadag.xceleo.org/public/Harmattan/incepted-repo-enabler_0.3_all.deb
/usr/sbin/incept incepted-repo-enabler_0.3_all.deb
devel-su #enter root pass
apt-get update
Open mode - untested-:
Code:
devel-su #enter root pass
wget http://mohammadag.xceleo.org/public/Harmattan/incepted-repo-enabler_0.3_all.deb
export AEGIS_FIXED_ORIGIN=com.nokia.maemo
dpkg -i incepted-repo-enabler_0.3_all.deb
apt-get update
I'd appreciate any feedback, whether this works or not, etc.

To install, for example, led-event-notifier, as root, apt-get install led-event-notifier.

If this is working fine, all future releases will be via this repo, it's easier for upgrades etc.

The fact this was easy to do opens up the possibility for a CSSU that needs Inception/Open mode, but that's good enough I suppose

Last edited by MohammadAG; 2013-02-07 at 00:50.

The Following 104 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
-Tyler-, 0x4e84, accountvip, ajalkane, AlMehdi, AndyNokia232, Aparaatti, automagic68, banong, Boxeri, Brew, Bundyo, CepiPerez, chasetheangel, cjp, ck2nb, damagedspline, dicksonleong8, don_falcone, Dousan, Dragoss91, edgar2, emam damon, Eminem, et3rnal, F2thaK, fongo, freaksamael, Garp, gionni88, godofwar424, guillermorojaz, Hacker, Hariainm, HtheB, ibrakalifa, iDont, Iryus, jalyst, jberezhnoy, jcharpak, jhwan, kayaman_00, kent_autistic, kevloral, khan.orak, kinggo, klinglerware, known, Kozzi, krogulec, kumary, late88, lkravovicz, lorenzo, Lucazz990, MaddogG, Maj3stic, Manatus, MartinK, mattaustin, MFaroTusino, mike_shenoda, MINKIN2, MoritzJT, myname24, nsuffys, OVK, panukooo, Patola, peterleinchen, qole, rainisto, ranbaxy, rcolistete, Rockenroller, Schturman, shanttu, shmerl, sifo, smoothc, somedude, StefanL, thedead1440, thp, tissot, TMavica, tokag, topet2k12001, ttt0600, turbovomit, vitaminj, Watchmaker, wicket, wolke, wout.martens, xaccrocheur, xyes, YavkatA, Z3tor, zamorph, Zelig, ZogG
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
It is things like this that give me a little glimmer of hope. But MohammadAG always does that for me.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
This should make things a lot more straightforward in the future. Thanks so much MohammadAG... AGAIN.

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

The Following User Says Thank You to cjp For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
MAG,
for open mode, there should be "export" before AEGIS_FIXED_ORIGIN

i.e. export AEGIS_FIXED_ORIGIN=com.nokia.maemo

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
export sets the variable for the whole terminal session, the way I have it in the post sets it for the process that's going to run, so it'd work both ways

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Now this is awesome news! Thanks once again MAG!

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
export sets the variable for the whole terminal session, the way I have it in the post sets it for the process that's going to run, so it'd work both ways
but when i did that i got permission errors about the origin...it only worked after the export command was added...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
It seems that Google thinks your site is infected - you might want to see about clearing that up.

Apart from that, it's good to see you got this up and running.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to itsnotabigtruck For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by itsnotabigtruck View Post
It seems that Google thinks your site is infected - you might want to see about clearing that up.

Apart from that, it's good to see you got this up and running.
It was and I cleaned it, I guess they need time to update that.

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ France
Thanks MAG You're back !! ^^