Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
Haha,
Dude it is still there, You just don't see it, I forgot to put it in the instruction. I'll attach some transparent file, and explain everything. I am actually also thinking of making the slider look like cloud/image from the server. or even smth cooler.
I'll update the script tonight

it's a great idea! So I await the update before doing so .. thank you!

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on May 2010 @ limassol cyprus
I have played with the generationally's script and have decided to get my weather forecast up there, using the same command that QBW uses to get your Yahoo Forecast.
In the attachment you can see what i have come up with so far.
So basicly there is just one script (weather.sh) which takes care of all. You can also find it in zip archive in the attachment.
All you have to do is:
1) Install imagemagick from extras.
2) Remove the text "Swipe to unlock" with help of this thread.
3) After installing imagemagick, the folder "/home/user/imagemagick" should appear, if not create it.
4) Place the script "weather.sh" and your own background image, named "background.png" in this folder.
5) Edit in the script the 4nd line. Change
Code:
http://weather.yahoo.com/germany/rhineland-palatinate/kirchheimbolanden-12835433/?unit=c
to your yahoo forecast page. You can also choose on this page between Fahrenheit and Celsius.
6) Then run following commands in Terminal:
Code:
root
chmod 777 /home/user/imagemagick/*
7) Now you can run this script by executing:
Code:
 sh /home/user/imagemagick/weather.sh
even without root privileges.
8) If you want to make this script run automatically, install Alarmed. Make a "New event">"Command execution">Select frequency of how often do you want to update it>Enter Name> in the command field put this:
Code:
sh /home/user/imagemagick/weather.sh
REMEMBER that you need an internet connection.

You can play with colors and fonts. If you look into the script, you will find what and how to change. It's very easy.

P.S. I still need help of overlaying images on each other by using coordinates, not just North, NorthEast options in imagemagick.
hi , im having a problem with the command chmod 777 /home/usr/imagemagick/*

its saying file or location not found

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by n900 lover View Post
hi guys can anyone give me a step by step on how to remove the swipe to lock text, i dont know how to use openssh or win scp.

Ur help will be greatly appreciated.

Peace.
There are three ways to do so.
1) Find somebody, who has the same lokale as you do, and politely ask him to do this for you.
2) Learn yourself how to use OpenSSH and WINSCP(I believe you need both for this procedure).
3) Try to do this through "Mass Storage Mode", which isn't hard either. Just read the instructions carefully, and you will understand everything. Considering your Posts/Thanked ratio, I assume, you DO know how to do stuff with n900!

I personally would prefer the second one, for three reasons:
a) If you really want to stay in this community, you gotta learn stuff.
b) You are going to need these skillz in some other further stuff.
c) WinSCP and OpenSSH are really usefull programms, that allow you to access your n900 remotely via WiFi.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post:
There are three ways to do so.
1) Find somebody, who has the same lokale as you do, and politely ask him to do this for you.
2) Learn yourself how to use OpenSSH and WINSCP(I believe you need both for this procedure).
3) Try to do this through "Mass Storage Mode", which isn't hard either. Just read the instructions carefully, and you will understand everything. Considering your Posts/Thanked ratio, I assume, you DO know how to do stuff with n900!

I personally would prefer the second one, for three reasons:
a) If you really want to stay in this community, you gotta learn stuff.
b) You are going to need these skillz in some other further stuff.
c) WinSCP and OpenSSH are really usefull programms, that allow you to access your n900 remotely via WiFi.
thanks for the quick reply,i managed to sort out the first bit with the editing, just needed to remember some commands, but i pulled through,now im stuck at the command root chmod 777 /home/user/imagemagick/* its says no such file or directory

And on my lock screen now says "secu_swipe_to_unlock"

Last edited by n900 lover; 2011-04-27 at 18:36.

really? well, that is weird. The star * suppose to tell chmod to give the root privileges to all files. Do you have a imagemagick folder and stuff inside it?

really? well, that is weird. The star * suppose to tell chmod to give the root privileges to all files. Do you have a imagemagick folder and stuff inside it?
yes i do , i have the weather.sh and my png that i want for a background.

I will rewrite it shortly but I have a script that uses already downloaded omweather data and icon set to put weather on your lock screen. Means you dont have to double download if using omweather
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
@Bratag, thanks man.
I have just updated the first post and the script of course. Now it changes the files of your current theme and makesNO backups

P.S. I also tryied to do smth fancy with the slider, but that didn't go too well. I still have a few ideas. But feel free to throw some in here.
P.P.S. Please post bugs, if you have some

UPDATED FIRST POST

Last edited by Alfred; 2011-04-28 at 18:05.

whatever was here before is already included in the first post

Last edited by Alfred; 2011-04-28 at 18:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by n900 lover View Post
hi , im having a problem with the command chmod 777 /home/usr/imagemagick/*

its saying file or location not found
do you have the folder /home/user/imagemagick? If not, create it.