Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Looks like Skype is installable and works through the old N9 001 repo.

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 540 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by catbus View Post
Did You asked... Why?
They use mp3-based streaming which is not available in Firefox under Linux by default. The API is not there as well.

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Sacramento, CA USA
So.....seems like theres no issues with 1.2 on N950. Should we expect it for N9 by the weekend?

Originally Posted by vzp916 View Post
So.....seems like theres no issues with 1.2 on N950. Should we expect it for N9 by the weekend?
No way, the version for the N9 is quite different (i. e. no physical keyboard). More likely in one little month, time to fix some issues with this beta release.

Originally Posted by abbra View Post
They use mp3-based streaming which is not
Ok..

(pahus)

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

Wasn't this already been in the previous version? As I recall, guidance says the street names?
Only for pedestrian navigation in PR1.1

This was in PR1.1 for sure...
No it's not in PR1.1

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Poland, Tricity
Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
- Ability to store favorites. There's also an option to sync favorites but I haven't figured out where the app syncs to....
Have you checked contacts? Currently when you type in an address you can click from there to set the destination. Maybe it can gather favorites from contacts?

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
guys do you feel any increase is the speed? like does it feel smother or anything like that?

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
Keyboard is very much a personal thing. I think N9 has probably the best VKB one can find. And it is sooo easily customizable(I rearranged slightly buttons, putting spacebar to the right, as I am accustomed from N900). I am typing on iPhone 4S on a daily basis (as I set up&fiddle with my sisters' 4S) - iPhone's VKB is not even close to N9's one VKB for me.
I agree, it is very personal.

In my case, after using and experimenting a lot with VKB on iOS (iPhone, iPad), Android (large smartphones and Asus Transformer), Maemo 5 (N900), Symbian (N8, etc), I am sure that the N9 has the best VKB for my use, with great vibration+sound feedback experience. Also, the X-Terminal on N9 is practical to use because the VKB has an additional top line with Ctrl, Tab, arrows, etc. So the X-Terminal on N9 is a lot better to use than other touch-only devices.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Last edited by rcolistete; 2012-01-27 at 01:38.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Perth, Australia
Originally Posted by Sazpaimon View Post
Does drive give you the option to avoid toll roads (among other things) now?
Yes, when you plan a route you can configure avoidance of various road/transport types (can't remember if toll roads was listed, but am pretty sure it is).

The Following User Says Thank You to mattaustin For This Useful Post: