Originally Posted by noelsolutions View Post
So glad I did my order straight after I cancelled the first one.
They said leave 24 hours before doing the order again, I thought no way Nokia were up to something.

N900 + Extra Battery
Sub Total: £524.00
Discount: £202.20
Delivery Cost:
Express (1-3 days) £9.99
Total: £331.79 (This order includes £43.28 VAT)

sweet deal :-) I keep checking on the order status to check it still there. Still find it hard to believe £200+ discount on a brand new phone. I now get to keep my great old flext account with discount.
How did you get it so damn cheap?

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Surrey
Got the order in when all 3 discount codes were working :-). Really looking forward to the phone even more. As soon as I see it posted I placed order it was only a matter of time before Nokia clocked on.

bah humbug, I guess i didnt do too bad getting it at £379.

Posts: 474 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by Peter@Maemo Marketing View Post
There are a limited number of new Hutchinson 3G SIM cards that require a specific technical SIM card support in the mobile device. Nokia N900 has not originally been designed to support this operator requirement. As soon as we found out about this requirement, we started to work on the solution. A software update for the Nokia N900, estimated to be available by the end of this year, will fix this issue.
Ouch, end of the year! So I'll have my N900 but be unable to use it with my existing data contract for a while... *feeling the pain already*

Glad to hear it's a software update and not a hardware update, though. Phew!

Originally Posted by jjx View Post
Ouch, end of the year! So I'll have my N900 but be unable to use it with my existing data contract for a while... *feeling the pain already*

Glad to hear it's a software update and not a hardware update, though. Phew!
Mid-Nov release now apparently, fingers crossed they can get the software update done for that deadline so people with those sim cards can use the phone straight away. One can at least hope...

Posts: 383 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
Is anyone apart from MPD offering this phone yet???
I am having alot of trouble ordering online from them and they have suggested trying one of their stores, but none are near me.....
You can't order one over the phone via MPD - online only
I have been on the T-Mobile and Vodofone sites, but they are not listing the n900 yet?

Where else has anyone seen a n900 with contract?

Originally Posted by Peter@Maemo Marketing View Post
There are a limited number of new Hutchinson 3G SIM cards that require a specific technical SIM card support in the mobile device. Nokia N900 has not originally been designed to support this operator requirement. As soon as we found out about this requirement, we started to work on the solution. A software update for the Nokia N900, estimated to be available by the end of this year, will fix this issue.
How new? My SIM card is from 2007. Does that mean I am safe?

Is it just me or has mobilephonesdirect pulled all the t-mobile options from the site, I can only see vodafone?

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by tomraider View Post
Is it just me or has mobilephonesdirect pulled all the t-mobile options from the site, I can only see vodafone?
Same here. The only two tabs showing are View all Networks & vodafone. The T-Mobile tab is gone.

I had the T-mobile plans in my browser history, page now returns Your search query has returned no results. Please try an alternative search.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Tamworth, UK
Originally Posted by tomraider View Post
They removed the t mobile option because they have reached the limit for t mobile contracts on n900 anyone who got in before then you will still receive it.

The Following User Says Thank You to erayzer For This Useful Post:

Tags
£306!!