So I just got a memory card for my n810 and I was wondering how to use it for things other than music and pictures? I find that the remaining internal memory in the n810 is not sufficient for new apps and such.

The Following User Says Thank You to YOBREKCALS For This Useful Post:
Here:

https://wiki.maemo.org/Booting_from_a_flash_card

Author of TouchSearch -- web searching software for Maemo 5.

Mobile Device lineage: Palm Z22 -> Palm TX -> Nokia N800 -> Nokia N900

Is this really the only way to use your external card for apps? It seems like alot of effort and could easily be f**ked up

Are you certain you're really running out of application space on your internal 256MB flash? It uses a compressed file system and goes a much longer way than it may seem. I've got lots of stuff installed and I'm not near filling it up.

Data is another question (music and video, for example). That should be offloaded to cards, which isn't much of a problem.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by YOBREKCALS View Post
Is this really the only way to use your external card for apps? It seems like alot of effort and could easily be f**ked up
You may consider moving to the internal 2gb card some of your folders and then link them though ln -s. It's linux, at the end.

Delete the sample audio and video files, and the pdf manuals for languages you don't need. Then the system 256MB of flash will seem bigger.

The Following User Says Thank You to ace For This Useful Post: