Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Well, the flasher-3.0 I help circulated does NOT work . It gave an error statement "(" unexpected.... in line 1. anyone has a flasher util handy? Does it has to be Nokia flasher?

bun

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
http://www.nopcode.org/0xFFFF/

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:
I have no idea what is that. But the guru suggested, so I dl and installed it into my ubuntu box - scary but successful.

console
sudo su
0xFFFF --enable-usb-host-mode
option invalid

Any other suggestions, other than wait till Nokia get its act together?
I would like to turn on the usb host mode of my 770 - would magazines penthouse or playboy work ?

BTW, how do i use the source code on that website? There is no .deb for the tablet. Do I need to compile on my scratchbox? Scary

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-07-28 at 08:03.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Did you try reading the documentation?

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
I give it a try. I dl the source code, which is a tarball, and expand it.
It gave a README file, saying "it is NOT supposed to be stable....." and the Install file, said you need this, you need that. I think I am going to take a pass. Thanks, I just want to turn on my 770, please somebody give me a straight forward ./flasher

bun

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
0xFFFF --enable-usb-host-mode
option invalid
Too busy to click that big "documentation" link on front page? :-)

http://www.nopcode.org/0xFFFF/?p=docu&q=usage

-U 1

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
Too busy to click that big "documentation" link on front page? :-)

http://www.nopcode.org/0xFFFF/?p=docu&q=usage

-U 1
Just finished writing a big piece of evaluation, my ubuntu box crapped out on me.................what a )(*)(*&(

Yes. I did read that doc and that is the ONLY thing I like about this piece of SSW,

" - turns on USB host/slave mode" on 770/N800

so I dl the source code, and tar it open and the read me file
"it is NOT supposed to be stable...." and the install file said, you need this, you need that for the usb.....It is 4 am in the morning, I just want to turn on my 770..........I am going to go to bed and have a sweet dream...........Nokia is going to open for business 8am in the morning.

I know, it is a piece of powerful whatnot, it can extract image, fiasco, ..........., I just want to turn on my 770...........good nite. Thanks for both of you, good friends, good colleagues....whatever, Nokia just make our life difficult, sometimes.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-07-28 at 08:29.

Has anybody use 0xFFFF yet? Installation said,

"To build the flasher you will need gcc, make and libusb. For crosscompiling to arm you can use scratchbox. But you will probably need the libusb so of the scratchbox environment to the device. "

Would it hurt if I give a shot? What is gcc? libusb? should I search for it and try? Why dont they just finish it? Is gcc and libusb require some licensing/royalty thing? Well, to me this thing is NOT ready

Ummmm,...........nay, go sleep, it is above my head.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-07-28 at 08:39.

There are quite some interesting information in the package, including Nokia tips. And it ends up with Oops - inappropriate flashing, it shows a pic of 770 with several vertical strips, a prodromol for WSOD?

bun

Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Has anybody use 0xFFFF yet? Installation said,

"To build the flasher you will need gcc, make and libusb. For crosscompiling to arm you can use scratchbox. But you will probably need the libusb so of the scratchbox environment to the device. "

Would it hurt if I give a shot? What is gcc? libusb? should I search for it and try? Why dont they just finish it? Is gcc and libusb require some licensing/royalty thing? Well, to me this thing is NOT ready

Ummmm,...........nay, go sleep, it is above my head.

bun
You have a ubuntu/debian package in the downloads section, you don't need build it from the source.
Install the debian package, open a terminal window, and run 0xFFFF

The Following User Says Thank You to yerga For This Useful Post: