Hello guys,

Anyone can help me to create a development environment for Maemo5? Please, can you share what Apps/Ides are you using on development? Code manually is not so fast, that is why an IDE is too much important on development.

Thanks,

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by jozeph View Post
Hello guys,

Anyone can help me to create a development environment for Maemo5? Please, can you share what Apps/Ides are you using on development? Code manually is not so fast, that is why an IDE is too much important on development.

Thanks,
depends on your language i'd say....... but eric4 & QT Designer, PythonKDE are two.

I'm learning with the Eric4 and QT Option. (Using Pymaemo - python)
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
Hi!

You'll find a lot of threads about this topic -> search function.

What's your host OS ? PC, Mac, Linux ?

You can try Nokia QT Creator (http://qt.nokia.com/products/developer-tools) with MADDE for cross compiling (http://wiki.maemo.org/MADDE), that's the IDE I use.

Cheers.

Thank you guys for share.

I'm using Linux (Ubuntu) / Windows XP on dual boot.

Anyone more?

Last edited by jozeph; 2010-02-17 at 14:13.

I'm confused. Anyone can help me?

What is the difference between qt-maemo5-opensource-src-4.6.2.tar.gz and qt-sdk-linux-x86-opensource-2010.02.bin?

I use the downloadable Maemo SDK because everything is setup for you and doesn't require changes to the Host OS.

ESBox + Eclipse is there for you, and obtaining qt-designer + Python tools aren't difficult either.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
no idea on the above - but i use win xp - and my first app's progress is here

Had tried madde etc, but really couldnt even get a demo app working, also reformated a laptop with ubuntu and got the scratchbox working - but then couldnt progress any further...

With python i'm now coding and testing directly on the device! (But using python and/or eric4 and QT designer on the pc for the graphics and large lumps of code - then i transfer to the n900 via WinScp)

I think for me anyway (Personal preference) - python was the easiest too pick up and just run with.... - as you can see results in under 30 minutes!
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Yes. I just don't choose it because it's Maemo Diablo environment. At least is what it says on the site...

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
I use the downloadable Maemo SDK because everything is setup for you and doesn't require changes to the Host OS.

ESBox + Eclipse is there for you, and obtaining qt-designer + Python tools aren't difficult either.

Originally Posted by jozeph View Post
Yes. I just don't choose it because it's Maemo Diablo environment. At least is what it says on the site...
Actually the one I have defaults to FREMANTLE_ARMEL in the scratchbox environment. It comes with 4 default profiles:

FREMANTLE_ARMEL & FREMANTLE_X86
DIABLO_ARMEL & DIABLO_X86

I think the site is slightly outdated.. but it'll link you back to Nokia's official download location where you pick the latest version. Should be good to go. I am.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Ok! I'm downloading it now. I have downloaded 1 of 1.6GB.

My download rate is 1057.3 kB/s, so in the next few minutes I will try it... Let's see if it's really good! ;D