Notices

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Philadelphia, PA
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
This already happens. If you install any PyQt4 application you'll get those dependencies. Once those dependencies are install all PyQt4 applications will use them. This just means you aren't using any PyQt4 apps that require the dependencies mine does. But from here on forward.. all the apps that do share in a common dependency as mine will be significantly smaller downloads
I realize that. I guess I'm just surprised that I hadn't needed any of those dependencies at this point (with the pile of other apps I had installed). Oh well -- gave me a reason to install localepurge...

It is possible the N800 shows it differently? Did you try rebooting the device? On mine it's in the "Extras" Menu, and has the same logo as is in the Application Manager. So I'm not sure where to troubleshoot there..
I don't know what I did, but the logo is now appearing. Scratch that bug.

2) Nope.. using Mediabox's OSSOBackend solved this problem for me.. thanks .
Alright.

One more thing: I've been getting the occasional hangup, where it just stops playing after a song finishes. It will restart if I change the station, but pressing pause/play or next don't do anything. I'll try to get more information the next time it happens. Is there any way to produce a log of any errors between pyRadio and pandora?

The Following User Says Thank You to parejkoj For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by parejkoj View Post
One more thing: I've been getting the occasional hangup, where it just stops playing after a song finishes. It will restart if I change the station, but pressing pause/play or next don't do anything. I'll try to get more information the next time it happens. Is there any way to produce a log of any errors between pyRadio and pandora?
Not really.. but.. if you run the app from the command line you get a LOT more output.. some of which could be helpful.

I will probably need to add some sort of logging utility and have a button to turn debugging on/off for bug reports..

Thanks for letting me know whats happening!
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Philadelphia, PA
One short request: could you please increase the size of the album/artist/song text, or make that configurable? It's hard to read from a distance. The station selector box could also be a bit larger, if possible, please.

I sent you a bit of cash in exchange for dealing with me bothering you. Hope you don't mind.

The Following User Says Thank You to parejkoj For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by parejkoj View Post
One short request: could you please increase the size of the album/artist/song text, or make that configurable? It's hard to read from a distance. The station selector box could also be a bit larger, if possible, please.

I sent you a bit of cash in exchange for dealing with me bothering you. Hope you don't mind.
Wow! Thanks!

I will certainly look into your requests.. the problem is I'm no UI developer. To fit within the space we have, I need to give way somewhere else. Either shrink the buttons and the Graphic box.. or.. something. The font size of the Album and Artist was about 2 points larger originally.. I shrunk it actually just for the N8x0.. because it was too big to fit in the little label box I have down there for it and thus it cut off the tops/bottoms of the words, and larger titles got lost through the corner.

Shrinking the font seemed a good compromise between reading longer names, fitting them in the box, and readability.

I'll keep messing with different configurations though and see what I can figure out. I don't use the whole space for the Album Graphic so I might be able to shrink that one, at least, for more room.

Ok 2.1 is up.

Not much.. added the close button to the Donate window . Tried some fixes that caused some songs to get skipped.. I put in a small delay before a song plays to hopefully help the N8x0 series.

Honestly looking at the output though it doesn't really make much sense in why it doesn't start playing some songs. It seems to buffer up to like 70% or so but then just sits there.. like the network isn't working.

I'll keep working on it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 75 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Gilbert, AZ, USA
I just installed pyRadio from the devel repository on my N900. When I try to launch it, it crashes with:
Code:
~ $ /opt/pyRadio/pyRadio.py 
could not autorotate on
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/pyRadio/pyRadio.py", line 510, in <module>
    panda = Panda()
  File "/opt/pyRadio/pyRadio.py", line 120, in __init__
    self.auth()
  File "/opt/pyRadio/pyRadio.py", line 375, in auth
    self.setAttribute(Qt.WA_Maemo5LandscapeOrientation, 1)
AttributeError: type object 'Qt' has no attribute 'WA_Maemo5LandscapeOrientation'
Any advice for me?
Thanks!

Originally Posted by jsharper View Post
I just installed pyRadio from the devel repository on my N900. When I try to launch it, it crashes with:
Code:
~ $ /opt/pyRadio/pyRadio.py 
could not autorotate on
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/pyRadio/pyRadio.py", line 510, in <module>
    panda = Panda()
  File "/opt/pyRadio/pyRadio.py", line 120, in __init__
    self.auth()
  File "/opt/pyRadio/pyRadio.py", line 375, in auth
    self.setAttribute(Qt.WA_Maemo5LandscapeOrientation, 1)
AttributeError: type object 'Qt' has no attribute 'WA_Maemo5LandscapeOrientation'
Any advice for me?
Thanks!

Hrm.. thats saying you don't have support for the Portrait mode... do you have PR1.2 by chance?

Hrm.. thats saying you don't have support for the Portrait mode... do you have PR1.2 by chance?
yes. 10.2010.19-1.002

The Following User Says Thank You to jsharper For This Useful Post:
so I'm guessing I've got a wonky version of either libqt4 or the pyqt bindings? Trouble is, I don't know what I'm doing with package mgmt on this thing... I don't know what versions shipped with PR1.2, which repos these came from, or how to revert back to stock PR1.2 libs... help?

Code:
Nokia-N900-42-11:~# dpkg --list |grep -i qt
ii  libqt4-core                                         4.6.2~git20100401-0maemo1+0m5    Qt 4 core module
ii  libqt4-dbus                                         4.6.2~git20100401-0maemo1+0m5    Qt 4 D-Bus module
ii  libqt4-gui                                          4.6.2~git20100401-0maemo1+0m5    Qt 4 GUI module
ii  libqt4-maemo5                                       4.6.2~git20100401-0maemo1+0m5    Qt 4 Maemo5 module
ii  libqt4-multimedia                                   4.6.2~git20100401-0maemo1+0m5    Qt 4 Multimedia Libraries
ii  libqt4-network                                      4.6.2~git20100401-0maemo1+0m5    Qt 4 network module
ii  libqt4-opengl                                       4.6.2~git20100401-0maemo1+0m5    Qt 4 OpenGL module
ii  libqt4-phonon                                       4.6.2~git20100401-0maemo1+0m5    Qt 4 Phonon Libraries
ii  libqt4-sql                                          4.6.2~git20100401-0maemo1+0m5    Qt 4 SQL module
ii  libqt4-sql-sqlite                                   4.6.2~git20100401-0maemo1+0m5    Qt 4 SQLite plugin
ii  libqt4-svg                                          4.6.2~git20100401-0maemo1+0m5    Qt 4 SVG module
ii  libqt4-webkit                                       4.6.2~git20100401-0maemo1+0m5    Qt 4 WebKit module
ii  libqt4-xml                                          4.6.2~git20100401-0maemo1+0m5    Qt 4 XML module
ii  libqt4-xmlpatterns                                  4.6.2~git20100401-0maemo1+0m5    Qt 4 XML Patterns module
ii  pypianobar                                          2.1-1                            A pianobar PyQt4 GUI frontend.
ii  python2.5-qt4-common                                4.7-maemo7                       Shared files for PyQt4
ii  python2.5-qt4-core                                  4.7-maemo7                       Python bindings for Qt4 Core components.
ii  python2.5-qt4-dbus                                  4.7.4-maemo0                     Python bindings for Qt dbus mainloop.
ii  python2.5-qt4-gui                                   4.7-maemo7                       Python bindings for Qt4 Core components.
ii  python2.5-qt4-network                               4.7-maemo7                       Python bindings for Qt4 Core components.
ii  python2.5-qt4-webkit                                4.7-maemo7                       Python bindings for Qt4 Core components.
ii  qtirreco                                            0.3.0-1                          QtIrreco - Ir Remote Control

Ok, I did a "apt-get upgrade python2.5-qt4-gui" and it resolved the issue. It took most of my python2.5-qt4 libs from 4.7-maemo7 to 4.7.4-maemo0. Sorry for the noise.

ETA: just wanted to say thanks, fatalsaint, for all the work you've put into this app and its predecessor. I had kinda stopped using pyPianobar due to all the little quirks (as an aside... it took me weeks to realize that what I thought was it intermittently not working was the whole no-audio-in-silent-profile issue. (this was before it was first mentioned in the old thread). my phone is in silent 98% of the time so I didn't even think to check that). I stopped by TMO today to see if there had been any improvements and was thrilled to find pyRadio with its native Pandora communication and using MAFW. I'm looking forward to future 192kbps support for Pandora One subscribers. (altho, I fear T-Mobile's 3G might not be able to keep up with it for my whole commute)

Last edited by jsharper; 2010-08-12 at 23:30.

Tags
bad tags, good tags, pyradio