Posts: 144 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
Have you noticed any drop in battery life during N900 lifetime. I have used N900 almost a year and now I need to charge every night. Personal record with Lehto's 850Mhz kernel was almost 4 days without any use.

Yeah I am using Titans kernel with OC settings and noticed the battery is dying slowly.

So anyone purchased already new battery (original of course) and got better uptimes? I am not using any **** applications or widgets and only one desktop. Xorg seems to eat most of the battery

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
i change/charge my battery every after 8-15hrs.

so your case is not a surprise for me.

batteries are expected to decrease performance overtime. and i believe, a year is enough to notice some change.

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Lithium Ion batteries (as used in the N900) will deteriorate over time even if not used, and will do so faster when used. When you buy an official Nokia battery it should have the production date on the package. Personally I would only buy it if it is less than a year from production.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
Ordered original Nokia BL-5J 24,90 euros (fakes are 5 euros) and 4GB Cnmemory 4 gt MicroSDHC 8,5 euros for Nitroid/Meego whatever testing.

Lets see how the new battery compares to old one. And yes it is 100% original. Not sure about the speed of the card but the card should be class6 atleast.

Last edited by jmk; 2010-11-16 at 15:52.

do check the max charge either via lshal in xterm or battery graph. you should notice the old battery's max charge degrading over time.

I have being using my N900 with an original Nokia BL-5J battery for 11 months. I always let it run dry before recharging it to full capacity.

I haven't noticed any degradations yet (though they should be there). However, in my experience, buggy applications are what consume most battery.

Since installing Pr1.3 and also installing the hildon-desktop fix, my personal record is almost 6 days of low usage. Just after pr1.2 and before the hildon-desktop fix I could only get at most 2 days with low usage.

So my advice is just to check for stray applications, widgets or anything that is left eating your battery charge away.

Last edited by soeiro; 2010-11-17 at 16:20. Reason: typo

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by soeiro View Post
I have being using my N900 with an original Nokia BL-5J battery for 11 months. I always let it run dry before recharging it to full capacity.

I haven't noticed any degradations yet (though they should be there). However, in my experience, buggy applications are what consume most battery.

Since installing Pr1.3 and also installing the hildon-desktop fix, my personal record is almost 6 days of low usage. Just after pr1.2 and before the hildon-desktop fix I could only get at most 2 days with low usage.

So my advice is just to check for stray applications, widgets or anything that is left eating your battery charge away.
Can you point to which Hildon Desktop fix you used. There are a few of them, and some are said to decrease battery life.

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Greece
catorize is one evil backround application! i searched and i found that is the cause for low battery performance. i saw it with my own eyes when i removed the app. check my advice too if you have catorize