Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
I have some issues with the inside tolerances on the black cover, which results in a lot of extra labour, which i want to minimize.

also, there are too many people going for black-on-black-on-black-on-black-on-black. be a bit more Unlike, you can do it!
Can still the users change the colours sent to you ? Do you want some black-black user choices to change ? If so, what is the prefered way to contact you about the colour change ?
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I have some issues with the inside tolerances on the black cover, which results in a lot of extra labour, which i want to minimize.

also, there are too many people going for black-on-black-on-black-on-black-on-black. be a bit more Unlike, you can do it!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:

Well then, I have a tough job ahead of convincing myself.. hmmm... .lets see!

The Following User Says Thank You to GizmoSmith For This Useful Post:
How is black different from the other colors? I thought it always is white material painted in the desired color after 3D-printing?

I choose an orange other half, so the issue doesn't concern my other half, but I did choose a black keyboard, so I always feared the black paint will wear of showing the white underneath.
Black being printed with black material would be great news.

The Following User Says Thank You to Roland684 For This Useful Post:
Well then, I was dreaming about having a bulky external battery pack, that could use the same 6 contact pads & the alignment cavities of the TOHKBD2 back cover..
so that we could magnetically snap-in either the KBD or the battery (or possibly both with some clever design)
Well it is just a dream.. (haven't thought about technical feasibility/electronics/software issues/TOH stacking nightmares etc).
Something like the Power Half taking up the form factor of the snap-in keyboard(except for the bulk, so that we can have more Ah)

If it is feasible, it might address the most longed for pain areas of the community:
a) Want Keyboard
b) Want insane Uptime
c) Hate changing TOH covers but maybe OK with snap-ins

My apologies if it has been discussed already!

There is something cool about this pocket-tv's form factor

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GizmoSmith For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
final keyboard pcbs and stencil and finally done and on their way from china, seems like keypad will be the limiting factor time-wise

The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/56487119.jpg
I personally was experimenting with colours and black>black>carbon looked best for me I doesn't have to be unlike just to be unlike

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bobsikus For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by bobsikus View Post
I personally was experimenting with colours and black>black>carbon looked best for me I doesn't have to be unlike just to be unlike
i think you quoted the wrong post...
I also picked black black carbon

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
I want alumide+alumide+not sure, but when I saw some photo of it - took black+orange. Later, I see real photo of alumide in better quality and a bit regret, but no way to change color any more. I think, if we have realworld good quality photos of parts - color selections will be much differ from current. People just paly safe and choose black+black+black.

The Following User Says Thank You to evadim For This Useful Post:
I think I was only one with Purple+purple+carbon combo according some excel or list earlier. huh.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KylliOrvokki For This Useful Post:

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd