Notices

The only way, to get some newer maps for Sygic Mobile Maps on Maemo, is to look out for "Sygic Mobile Maps Europa TA-2011.03". These are the last ones, which shall run. Why ever, offically they have never been released by Sygic for Maemo.

Dear friends,
i have a big problem.
can i use maps data sygic 11 for sygic 10?
please help me.

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 783 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by b_shadpour View Post
Dear friends,
i have a big problem.
can i use maps data sygic 11 for sygic 10?
please help me.
Hi,

Can you at least just read the post before yours ...

A++

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by Acurus_ View Post
The only way, to get some newer maps for Sygic Mobile Maps on Maemo, is to look out for "Sygic Mobile Maps Europa TA-2011.03". These are the last ones, which shall run. Why ever, offically they have never been released by Sygic for Maemo.
Anything else than Europe? Asia/Middle East maybe?

Here I have written an open letter to Sygic. Please support.

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Europe
I suggest moderators make the open-letter "sticky".

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Don't think it's sticky material but worth the bump none the less.
It would be nice to see updated maps for Sygic.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 77 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Italy
They are thieves, STOP!
They are the most unprofessional company I've ever seen and if I paid more I would consider a legal way to get a refund because they didn't honor a contract...but my time is more important than them and I'm looking for an alternative like Navit or something else driven by the community because only OSS can ensure users continuity and support not a sh**ty company which fools users who honestly pay for their program!
F**k off them!

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
You all are of course right. An abrupt termination of support can be seen as a breach of contract and I bid you good luck fighting them legally (and I really mean it, no sarcasm intended).

But look at it from their perspective. They are a commercial company. They make software to sell it. To make money. Imagine you had a company making software for platform Foo. Suddenly the company who made Foo stops supporting it. What do you do? Continue making software for Foo? I guess it depends on how much sales you expect from continuing support on Foo.

I do not have the figures but let's face it, Maemo has never been a mainstream platform. I do not expect they've made a big package on it. I would even be willing to believe them if they tried to tell me that they've made a loss. And whatever little they've made, with Nokia dropping the platform they knew they could not expect to make any more. So they decided to cut their losses and move on.

Sad but such is (business) life. It has nothing to do with honesty, good will and loyalty to your customers. It's just business.

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Italy
No no, sorry but this is completely wrong! There is no part in their license where they claim "map updates will no longer released if Maemo platform will be stopped"! Are we joking or what else?
If you sell a product claiming "free lifetime map updates" is your problem if the platform your program runs on is discontinued not a user problem!
And I also think their design and development skills are very poor if they are not able to provide simply the map files to all the versions of their program and for all the supported platforms (even the discontinued ones) not talking about their capability to develop a software for a set of platforms without the need of rewrite it for each one...they're very unprofessional and beginners...
I repeat, for the amount I paid for their program I don't see any convenience in submitting a lawsuit but If I paid more I for sure did it!
Last but not least if they are a company which makes software to sell it, they certainly loose customers if this is the behavior...for sure if I'll ever buy an Android or iPhone won't buy anymore one of their product so even their marketing capability is very poor...

Tags
don't buy sygic, sygic robbers