Posts: 39 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Eastern US
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
Did you buy the phone yet???
Does this place have an "ignore" feature?

I've not been here long but tire of his posts. I'm here to get help and provide what little help I can provide at this point.

Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post

Originally Posted by sconf View Post
I had similar situation for couple of days. Mail was checked continuously from IMAP push enabled account and messageserver was chewing CPU cycles like there's no tomorrow. I have nice log files of the situation. However, as last resort before filing bug I deleted and recreated the account at N9 "Account" application and the messageserver loop disappeared.
Hmm, it could be nice to take a look on the logs. Could you also check may be you got this Bug#198?

Here are the logs attached. I did not find the symptoms of bug #198 from the logs I took during the problem.

I must say that I'm quite happy now, the IMAP push seems to be working perfectly now and even the phone idle consumption looks to be smaller than with 10min sync interval.
Attached Files
File Type: gz logs.tar.gz (118.0 KB, 85 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sconf For This Useful Post:
I have a few IMAP accounts set and I am having a weird problem where some of them refuse to show attachments.

If I send an identical message with an attachment to multiple accounts, some of them show the "paperclip" icon and allow me to download the attachment.

Other accounts do not show the icon and don't have an option to download the attachment. Oddly enough, if I tap the header of the messages, it correctly shows the size of the message including the attached file. It just won't acknowledge the fact that the attachment exists.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to impact For This Useful Post:
The big picture is that it is not selling well. That is the big picture Arpa. Me not being able to connect to my work email is a BIG issue.
For me, mail-client didn't work at first also... But the big picture was problem in server-side. So, without more information in Your case, problem can't resolve.

"My mail client don't work" <- is not enough...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following User Says Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
I have been unable to get previously unused email addresses to auto-complete using exchange... This worked fine on Symbian^3 phones like N8 where the contact got remotely searched on the exchange server/address book.. Any suggestions on how to get this setup properly - or is it a limitation of the N9 exchange email client?

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...9/td-p/1220417

Well, my email has **** the bed as well now for the past two days, no syncing on any of my accounts. Did a few soft resets to no avail. Any one else having this issue? Worked fine until now.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by Maemomd View Post
Well, my email has **** the bed as well now for the past two days, no syncing on any of my accounts. Did a few soft resets to no avail. Any one else having this issue? Worked fine until now.
1. Have you checked the schedule?
2. Does it sync if you force sync?
3. Did it stop working after you upgraded to PR1.1 ? My gmail and some other apps stopped working when I upgraded - for example swipe manager. Uninstalling and reinstalling it didn't help. However resetting the settings worked. So:
Remove email account and re-add it. See if that helps. OR Reset the device to original settings. See if that helps.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

The Following User Says Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 29 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ finland
Why would anyone have to do it in this day and age? Did you buy the phone yet?
Exchange works nicely for the silent majority, and the verbal majority as well.

Only thing missing is the ldap-corp-directory access.

The Following User Says Thank You to zoolkhan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
1. Have you checked the schedule?
2. Does it sync if you force sync?
3. Did it stop working after you upgraded to PR1.1 ? My gmail and some other apps stopped working when I upgraded - for example swipe manager. Uninstalling and reinstalling it didn't help. However resetting the settings worked. So:
Remove email account and re-add it. See if that helps. OR Reset the device to original settings. See if that helps.
1. Yes, checked schedule.
2. Does Not sync manually either.
3. Worked fine after PR 1.1 for quite awhile now, until yesterday, I was going to reset the accounts tonight and reinstall email accounts, hopefully will work.

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by zoolkhan View Post
Exchange works nicely for the silent majority, and the verbal majority as well.

Only thing missing is the ldap-corp-directory access.
I had two exchange accounts to two different organizations. One did not require provisioning nor security code and that one worked fine. The one that doesnt work is unfortunately the bulk of my email, and that organization requires provisioning and security lock. I dont disagree that for many it probably works fine. However, Maemo has had issues with Mfe for a long time now, and they have not been able to take care of it for years. Hence my description of a C team at NOKIA

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950