Active Topics

Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
A Nokia meamo chief engineer should know a bit more than the average poster on here about meamo/meego??
Please read the blog before making this kind of comments.

http://blogs.forum.nokia.com/blog/ka...one-with-meego

The application is MeeGo application made with MeeGo UX and MeeGo Qt Quick Components but I am running it in N900 because MeeGo handset is not yet released. I have been running exactly same app in MeeGo handset also but i can't make videos about unreleased devices.

It is also intentional to show that it is possible to write MeeGo apps and use N900 for development .

Kate

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kate For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TiagoTiago View Post
Why not combine 2d input from the accells with 2d input from the screen for a total of 4 degrees of freedom?
In real MeeGo Handset you can have two multitouch joysticks but in N900 you should use acceleration sensor for 2nd input. It is just not finished in this software version and mostly because there is some other issues with drone i have. There is already in config page option
for enabling acceleration sensor and other code will be there soon.

Kate

Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
i was talking about UX )

i don't think he even knows guys who wrote that. and as UX shows us maemo, maybe blogger made mistake and it's even not chief
Application IS using MeeGo UX, please read full blog. The main page is in full screen mode where decoration is intentionally invisible but when you go settings page, you will get typical MeeGo decorations.

You can have full screen apps in Meego.

The application is made with MeeGo Qt Quick components implementing MeeGo UX. The exactly same code compiles for both N900 and MeeGo handset. Believe me, i have tried

Kate

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kate For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Please tell me the MeeGo device is gonna use resistive multitouch

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by kate View Post
Application IS using MeeGo UX, please read full blog. The main page is in full screen mode where decoration is intentionally invisible but when you go settings page, you will get typical MeeGo decorations.

You can have full screen apps in Meego.

The application is made with MeeGo Qt Quick components implementing MeeGo UX. The exactly same code compiles for both N900 and MeeGo handset. Believe me, i have tried

Kate

i was talking about video and not app, as both meego and maemo using same version Qt for now it can be ported from one to another (as Nokia romised us).

in video i can see hildon and menu and maemo before app is lauched, so maybe it's for meego, but u run it on maemo, so why than to write only meego? promote? the better way to promote not only to showoff small apps like it was made with n900 with all awesome videos from nokia labs which were or not released or not finished and abonded =(

update: my mistake, found the mention that it was used and compiled on maemo as well.

Last edited by ZogG; 2010-12-24 at 13:20.

Looks like the forward "bumpers" on the chopper have already seen some action :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post:

The application is MeeGo application made with MeeGo UX and MeeGo Qt Quick Components but I am running it in N900 because MeeGo handset is not yet released. I have been running exactly same app in MeeGo handset also but i can't make videos about unreleased devices.

It is also intentional to show that it is possible to write MeeGo apps and use N900 for development .

Kate

Kate

Why did you highlight my comments when I was only responding to the other poster, who seemed to be suggesting you didn't know what you were talking about? Apologises if I caused offence but what is a "maemo chief engineer in Forum Nokia" shown on your blog if it is not what I referred to in my post?

droitwichgas

Last edited by droitwichgas; 2010-12-24 at 14:20.

Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
i was talking about video and not app, as both meego and maemo using same version Qt for now it can be ported from one to another (as Nokia romised us).

in video i can see hildon and menu and maemo before app is lauched, so maybe it's for meego, but u run it on maemo, so why than to write only meego? promote? the better way to promote not only to showoff small apps like it was made with n900 with all awesome videos from nokia labs which were or not released or not finished and abonded =(

update: my mistake, found the mention that it was used and compiled on maemo as well.

Just for clarification, I implemented all app with unreleased MeeGo device and SDK but i just compiled it last monday for N900 to be able make video but also demonstrate that n900 can be used for MeeGo development. As addition to vanilla Qt, application uses MeeGo Qt Quick Components library. We backported these libraries to Maemo5 to allow it run MeeGo applications.

Kate

The Following User Says Thank You to kate For This Useful Post:

Kate
Im wonder about controlling Ar drone on Maemo, but im noobie in programming, so is possible i can just download app and use it? coz i dont know anything about building app as u said on your blog.
I know its only pre-alpha but i would like to test it anyway...

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Perth, WA, Australia
Man, if only the quadcopter itself wasn't so expensive! With a decent laser mounted to it, and some IR LEDs for night flying, i'd never have to get out of bed to investigate phantom noises my wife hears ever again! haha

And thanks for the comments about Nokia and Maemo. It makes me happy knowing my phone will be useful for a while yet!

Tags
drone, qt quick