Can anyone tell me if gizmo5 still works on the n800. Seems I can make videocall/call out, but nothing will come in. It never rings, but it does show a missed call. (Text works fin both ways.)
I'm trying to set gizmo up with dial central/Googlevoice. Any advice?

Last edited by bazz; 2010-07-13 at 18:21.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
I'm fairly stupid but this was easy enough for even me to understand.

http://www.fromthefencepost.com/2009...ice-and-gizmo/

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I have similar issues, and troubleshooting leads me to believe it's my home router configuration (everything works in other environments). Have not found a solution though

Pretty old link, might want to check the date. I doubt it applies, and the OP probably knows.
I have wondered how the Gizmo thing works out since Google gobbled it up.

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
I'm fairly stupid but this was easy enough for even me to understand.

http://www.fromthefencepost.com/2009...ice-and-gizmo/

So despite what I have said previously, Gizmo5+GV+Dialcentral seems to be working fine on N810. I just tried it (had to upgrade Dialcentral though and delete the old corrupt config files).

The call quality isn't great though and there is some lag but it worked for 7+ minutes (I decided to hang up)

Anyway I recommend upgrading to Dialcentral 1.8 (apt-get install dialcentral) and it should let you login (retype your password if you have it saved, there was a bug with an earlier version where it saved the wrong/blank password). Then your calls and messages should load in the history when you click them. Be sure to indicate your callback number (Gizmo) and then try to dial a number.

If it says "login failed" when you press the green/call button then close Dialcentral and run python /usr/bin/dialcentral.py this seemed to delete my old config files and from there I was able to reinput my information and successfully make calls and send SMS

The Following User Says Thank You to linuxeventually For This Useful Post:
" Anyway I recommend upgrading to Dialcentral 1.8 (apt-get install dialcentral) and it should let you login (retype your password if you have it saved, there was a bug with an earlier version where it saved the wrong/blank password). Then your calls and messages should load in the history when you click them. Be sure to indicate your callback number (Gizmo) and then try to dial a number."

If it says "login failed" when you press the green/call button then close Dialcentral and run python /usr/bin/dialcentral.py this seemed to delete my old config files and from there I was able to reinput my information and successfully make calls and send SMS[/QUOTE]

I have 1.1.8 is that the current?

Yeah as for the link posted above I knew about that, just not having any luck using gizmo5 and dialcentral together. The other strange thing I noticed is I can have the n800 call my gizmo account on my n900, but cant call the n800 from my n900. (Two different gizmo5 accounts.)

Originally Posted by bazz View Post
"
Yeah as for the link posted above I knew about that, just not having any luck using gizmo5 and dialcentral together. The other strange thing I noticed is I can have the n800 call my gizmo account on my n900, but cant call the n800 from my n900. (Two different gizmo5 accounts.)

I use Nokia's Internet Call with DialCentral and can make/receive calls on my N800 without a problem. My google# is forwarded to my gizmo number in my google voice settings and in Dialcentral "Callback Number" is my gizmo#.

Originally Posted by tekplay View Post
I use Nokia's Internet Call with DialCentral and can make/receive calls on my N800 without a problem. My google# is forwarded to my gizmo number in my google voice settings and in Dialcentral "Callback Number" is my gizmo#.
Ok can you tell me how you did it. (I'm sure I have the same set up...Just some strange reason its not forwarding to gizmo)

I have the gizmo number listed in googlevoice. So in theory when someone calls my gv it should ring gizmo...but nothing forwards. In gizmo I even tried to forward to my skype account...but nothing

Got it! I had to turn "off" (select "No Forwarding" in gizmo5 ) the forwarding option on the gizmo website.

Last edited by bazz; 2010-07-14 at 17:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to bazz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Gizmo5 died on me too, last use yesterday 7pm, was working. Now, it wont work any more. Sad.

bun