Posts: 41 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Woodbridge, CT USA
Over on Facebook, a friend highlighted an article in the New York Times claiming "Apple currently lists no women in its top executive positions.". On Facebook, it was speculated that perhaps this has led to a poor choice in name for their latest product.

The question I have: Does Nokia have any women in top executive positions? If so, can people share any information about these women? What roles they are in? What their career history and their history with Nokia is?

Posts: 280 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Switzerland
Trying to find a woman to keep you?... ^^

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
If Nokia would like to engage in some positive discrimination, I'm available.

Posts: 289 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Tampere, Finland
Originally Posted by ahynes1 View Post
The question I have: Does Nokia have any women in top executive positions? If so, can people share any information about these women? What roles they are in? What their career history and their history with Nokia is?
Three are three women out of 11 in the board of directors: Board VP Marjorie Scardino, Lalita D. Gupte and Isabel Marey-Semper

One woman in the group executive board: Chief development officer Mary McDowell

Devices organisation was shuffled a bit and resulted in three divisions: mobile phones, smartphones and mobile computers. Smartphones is headed by Jo Harlow.

There are probably many more in varying positions, but these I found after a quick look. Google/Bing/whatever will tell you more about them..

I saw a launch for eseries in Asia region and the head of whatever that unit was called was a woman

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Tampere, Finland
Sari Baldauf used to be one of the biggest bosses in Nokia (iirc, she was networks leader) but she resigned few years ago. At some point I remember that Fortune mag. (or similar) ranked Baldauf one of the most influential female leaders in the world and #1 in Europe.
But as I said she resigned maybe 4 years ago or something.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by jsa View Post
Three are three women out of 11 in the board of directors: Board VP Marjorie Scardino, Lalita D. Gupte and Isabel Marey-Semper

One woman in the group executive board: Chief development officer Mary McDowell

Devices organisation was shuffled a bit and resulted in three divisions: mobile phones, smartphones and mobile computers. Smartphones is headed by Jo Harlow.

There are probably many more in varying positions, but these I found after a quick look. Google/Bing/whatever will tell you more about them..
Delete this information!!!!

I was told here recently that it would invade people's privacy to say anything about their positions within Nokia. (Actually, I was told that it would invade their privacy if they themselves would do it on maemo.nokia.com or whatever.)

You're asking for trouble publishing this.

And so you quoted it?

ETA: Also, I don't see any information there you can't get here
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Thanks everyone. Provides a great contrast to Apple, especially Jo Harlow's background.

As a side comment, it does appear as if everything that has been said is part of the public record and hence cannot be considered an invasion of privacy. On the other hand, if you post about something about a person that works at Nokia that isn't part of the public record, that is a different issue.