one day i'll understand what i'm doing. untill then i'll keep asking. i'm trying to get mypaint working on either a n800 or n810. i have installed mypaint_0.5.0-1~hildon7_armel but it will not install as python2.5-gtk2 and python2.5-hildon are missing. having spent the afternoon searching and i cannot work it out, i ask for help. if you can point me in the right direction please do.

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Did you try to install python2.5-gtk2 and python2.5-hildon?

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

The Following User Says Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
that is what i'm trying to work out how to do. can you offer any advice? i have not been able to get it to install.

Posts: 191 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Ottawa
Originally Posted by moshing View Post
that is what i'm trying to work out how to do. can you offer any advice? i have not been able to get it to install.
Perhaps you could tell us what the problem is. That is what the error message (if there is one) as to why python2.5-gtk2 and python2.5-hildon are not installing.

Have you tried installing from the command line using: apt-get install

This will often yield much more info about why an install doesn't work than the Apps Manager.

I hope this helps,

Craig...

The Following User Says Thank You to cvmiller For This Useful Post:
Posts: 125 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Bellshill, UK
I've not had any problems installing MyPaint on my N800 pre or post Diablo, downloading from http://nokiaaddict.com/2008/04/08/n800-mypaint/

The only Python2.5 package I have installed on the N800 Diablo is python2.5-feedparser which was installed when I installed gPodder.

The Following User Says Thank You to gerrymoth For This Useful Post:
thanks for all the help, got it working. my problem is that i forget the application manager and the browse installable applications sections exist. i must not think of it as a comupter...... i must not think of it as a computer...... maybe i should.

You must not think of it as a Windows computer

Author of TouchSearch -- web searching software for Maemo 5.

Mobile Device lineage: Palm Z22 -> Palm TX -> Nokia N800 -> Nokia N900

The Following User Says Thank You to BrentDC For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by moshing View Post
thanks for all the help, got it working. my problem is that i forget the application manager and the browse installable applications sections exist. i must not think of it as a comupter...... i must not think of it as a computer...... maybe i should.
So what I sugguested in PM fixed your problem then?

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

The Following User Says Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
it pointed me in the right direction, thanks, i could not find the specific files that the tablet said were missing when i tryed to install mypaint. so i installed one of the many python options [i went for the one with the nicest icon, (it's a little trick of mine that, usually works)] and then it worked.

only trouble is that the programme keeps 'not responding' I'll look at the tomorrow.

mypaint test