Active Topics

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 229 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Missouri, USA
Good point about waiting until you are able to build your package. :-). Mind posting your build_myapp.py please? I assume your previous post details all of your import statements, so I won't need that. BTW, to keep posts, short, you can use http://pastie.org or similar services. Looks like you figured this out already :-)

Qt can handle multiple threads:
As for gps, you are probably fine using gobject until qtmobility becomes stable.

The Following User Says Thank You to aspidites For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by aspidites View Post
Good point about waiting until you are able to build your package. :-). Mind posting your build_myapp.py please? I assume your previous post details all of your import statements, so I won't need that. BTW, to keep posts, short, you can use http://pastie.org or similar services. Looks like you figured this out already :-)

Qt can handle multiple threads:
As for gps, you are probably fine using gobject until qtmobility becomes stable.
Thanks aspidites

Is there any issues with me using GTK etc... other then it being messy? - or is it good practice not to mix and match when needed?

- off out for a nice sunday dinner, back in a few hours
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 229 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Missouri, USA
If this app is only meant to run on the N900, and older tablets then it probably won't matter, considering they all come with GTK preinstalled, but sticking to one makes things easier to port. I would imagine that sticking to one toolkit would make things run slightly faster (less modules to import).

The Following User Says Thank You to aspidites For This Useful Post:
thanks again asp. will look at changing newer versions when i learn more.
happy so far with a week or so's experience in this!!

still waiting on dev registration..... s prob wont go in tonight.
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

I use QT Threading in my app in the sig.

You're free to download it and review the code if you are interested in how to make that works.

It's heavily based on emitting signals from within child threads.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
For your build_myapp.py

I'm not sure what all PyQt4 brings down... but I used specifically the modules I needed to make space.. so for example:

python2.5-qt4-gui
python2.5-qt4-webkit
python2.5-qt4-core
python2.5-qt4-network
etc.

ETA: This should save some space for users downloading your app since they only grab what they need.. not the whole PyQt4 bindings.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
For your build_myapp.py

I'm not sure what all PyQt4 brings down... but I used specifically the modules I needed to make space.. so for example:

python2.5-qt4-gui
python2.5-qt4-webkit
python2.5-qt4-core
python2.5-qt4-network
etc.

ETA: This should save some space for users downloading your app since they only grab what they need.. not the whole PyQt4 bindings.
thanks fatal! heading home in an hour or so will go through and check it out.

really could do with a list of imports and next to each, state whic file is needed. would help newbies like me!

awww i just wanna get it in to extras dev now - the wait is painful :P

I am pretty sure the approval will come on Monday. The same wait over the weekend happened to me as well...

Hartti

The Following User Says Thank You to hartti For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hartti View Post
I am pretty sure the approval will come on Monday. The same wait over the weekend happened to me as well...

Hartti
hehe - busy week this week pity

intrigued to know that there is a manual process, can't see any criteria though.....

Tags
code, health check, n900, python