Closed Thread
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Yes. When it stops being in the testing phase the wiki page for it will have an actually clickable link for the download button on the normal version - right now the only live download link is for testing. Though it's more or less safe to install, it's not recommended if you want everything working and perfect right off the bat.

@the camera-ui2 thing. [...]
I wholeheartedly agree - also, I don't consider this too big a deal, especially since I know enough about apt to work around this.
My point here is generally that choice is a good thing, and depending on the stock camera-ui or a later version (until the worst bugs are taken care of) will increase choice without any downside.

The Following User Says Thank You to ancow For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
@Nicolai
Has anyone reported this bug related to the camera-Ui2 yet?

When recording video, pressing "pause" and then "stop" freeze the camera apps and it still seems to be stuck on "pause" mode.

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Romania, Cluj-Napoca
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
@Nicolai
Has anyone reported this bug related to the camera-Ui2 yet?

When recording video, pressing "pause" and then "stop" freeze the camera apps and it still seems to be stuck on "pause" mode.
Sorry but this doesn't happen to me.

Today my phone somehow glitched and the desktop stayed in portrait mode and it was a beauty. The applet bar was on top and the desktops turned like they should and the icons rotated also. I don't know exactly what happened but I was doing an update when it lost connection due to a blackout and I opened the flashlight (opened the lens, closed the camera-ui2, opened flashlight). And I had a portrait mode on the desktop. :P

OK, then I searched a little and I found that it's been reported before.

Last edited by iceman358; 2011-05-02 at 13:13.

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by iceman358 View Post
Today my phone somehow glitched and the desktop stayed in portrait mode and it was a beauty. The applet bar was on top and the desktops turned like they should and the icons rotated also. I don't know exactly what happened but I was doing an update when it lost connection due to a blackout and I opened the flashlight (opened the lens, closed the camera-ui2, opened flashlight). And I had a portrait mode on the desktop. :P
You can press Ctrl+Shift+Fn+L if you really want it back

The Following User Says Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post:
Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
I wanted to ask CSSU Devs. Is it possible to lock the lockscreen to landscape or to make a theme use another background image for portrait mode?

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
You can press Ctrl+Shift+Fn+L if you really want it back
We just need to be able to lock that behaviour and we'll have the portrait mode almost ready

Thanks for the hint anyway!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to damnshock For This Useful Post:
Would installing N11 vostok cause any issues with CSSU?

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
Would installing N11 vostok cause any issues with CSSU?
Not that I know of. Remember to repair power-kernel after installing multiboot thou.

The Following User Says Thank You to zdanee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
just like to say i have exact same issue as maxximus cool with video recording freezing up, and it only occured with second video i tried to shoot, but subsequently recurred everytime.

also i seem to be having an issue with the stock app manager, it only ever lists an update for sleep analyser (although fapman has over 20 updates) and i can't even install sleepsnalyser because it says "package is not in correct location" ?
any help would be appreciated!

and the greatly enhanced portrait mode (with working keyboard!) is potentially best update for n900 yet, good work!

another loyal fan,
x

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade