Notices

Sound is finished. Plus there is a working version for the n9/950 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjnA9ZTymTo)
but the I can not package the game to a .deb successfully for months now for the n9/950. I tried with pypackger, dpkg, sdk but all failed.
What I do have ready is the game packaged in tar.gz with two installation scripts. One script to run as root and one as user. And of course the scripts to uninstall. This solution is not very friendly.

I will upload it anyway (maybe someone with a working packaging environment can help and make a .deb out of it, it is already "foldered" the way it should be extracted).

Harmattan version(n9/950): http://www.mediafire.com/?8dssvfz1bevht76

How to install: extract the tar.gz to /home/user/, follow the instructions in the readme file.
Basically, opening a terminal, cd to the extracted directory, running the two scripts: FIRST as USER "extract_script_alpha_strike_harmattan_as_user .sh" .
And only then running the "extract_script_alpha_strike_harmattan_as_root .sh" as ROOT.

Last edited by aStrike; 2013-05-11 at 15:18.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aStrike For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by aStrike View Post
Sound is finished. Plus there is a working version for the n9/950 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjnA9ZTymTo)
but the I can not package the game to a .deb successfully for months now for the n9/950. I tried with pypackger, dpkg, sdk but all failed.
What I do have ready is the game packaged in tar.gz with two installation scripts. One script to run as root and one as user. And of course the scripts to uninstall. This solution is not very friendly.

I will upload it anyway (maybe someone with a working packaging environment can help and make a .deb out of it, it is already "foldered" the way it should be extracted).

Harmattan version(n9/950): http://www.mediafire.com/?8dssvfz1bevht76

How to install: extract the tar.gz to /home/user/, follow the instructions in the readme file.
Basically, opening a terminal, cd to the extracted directory, running the two scripts: FIRST ROOT the "extract_script_alpha_strike_harmattan_as_root .sh" .
And only then running the "extract_script_alpha_strike_harmattan_as_user .sh" as USER.
awesome!
But the icon is missing

Edit:
when I try:
cd /usr/bin
./alphaStrike

I get this error and nothing happens:
./alphaStrike: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

happens on user and on root

Last edited by HtheB; 2013-05-11 at 01:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
but the I can not package the game to a .deb successfully for months now for the n9/950.
So, there are no reasons for not updating Maemo version in repos, right?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
@ astrike no problem here on that people are used to x terminal
btw
btw
you know what i mean....
The the the 900.....

cheers estel the project is alive up and running

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
HtheB: maybe the icon will apear after a reboot. Tell me if it does. Also make sure you run the "root" script first and the "user" script second.
To solve the SDL error please install the following packages: libsdl1.2 , libsdl-image1.2 , libsdl-mixer1.2 . By executing:
sudo apt-get install libsdl1.2 libsdl-image1.2 libsdl-mixer1.2
About the n900 version: There is a little bug that I need to fix and I will upload it.

Last edited by aStrike; 2013-05-11 at 15:21.

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
^^yo yo my sound system gonna roar now
@any upcoming thrillers
le me grreedy

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
You can check the video for the n9/950 I uploaded couple of posts above to get the idea how the sound is like (I know the video qulity is really bad, sorry)

EDIT: fixed the bug in sound toggling issue. I will update both version.
The harmattan version runs so smooth.

Last edited by aStrike; 2013-05-11 at 13:16.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aStrike For This Useful Post:
I haven't played your game yet, but I will install as soon as the new version for the N900 hits the repos.

I did see the videos in Youtube however, and I am really impressed for a few reasons. Leaving aside the technical quality of the game, visually the design is very appealing. It has that Tron, Laser Tag, retro feeling but it feels modern at the same time. The creatures are mildly reminiscent of Alien (but not a copy of it), etc.

And, I'm very interested in knowing how you set your development environment for C++ in the N900. That you coded this on the N900 itself is crazy. I don't even know how to set the environment to code, as it does seem to require quite a bit of manual tweaking and hacking (am I wrong)? If there is any place this is detailed, I'd love to know it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to malfunctioning For This Useful Post:
malfunctioning: On my n900 I used qole's excellent Easy Debian and geany ide to edit the C++ headers and sources and gimp for quick image manipulations. I compiled the game using g++ by downloading it to the n900, which in hindsight is not recommended (takes a lot of space, can ruin some other thing and too massy).

On the n950 I again used Easy Debian. However, instead of downloading g++ to the n950 I mounted the ready to use harmattan sdk via a chroot (really simple using Easy chroot).
Easy chroot is explained here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=85850
and details about the chrooting the sdk image here (see section 2.b):
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=86158
You can do the same thing with the n900.

Last edited by aStrike; 2013-05-11 at 15:38.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
HtheB: maybe the icon will apear after a reboot. Tell me if it does. Also make sure you run the "root" script first and the "user" script second.
To solve the SDL error please install the following packages: libsdl1.2 , libsdl-image1.2 , libsdl-mixer1.2
Yes, indeed. I noticed after a reboot that the icon did appeird.
Installed the dependencies and it's working nice and very smooth on the N950!

Can you also 'Harmattanize' the icon?
http://play.oob.gr/annasIconMaker/

Btw, funny fact: if you use the 'root script', it tells you that you should actually execute the 'user script' first....

Some things about the game itself:
The guy is very fast, but the legs go very slowly in moonwalkish way.
Maybe you should make the movement of the legs faster, so it does look more realistic. (and a bit 'movement on the upper body?)

Also, after you've been hit, you should make the guy a bit 'invisable' for a second or 2,5. So you wont be able to get hit (you know, like in the Mario and Megaman games).

Bugs I found on the harmattan version:
if you use the screen, with 1 finger, just use the left part of the screen, so you can walk, now move your finger totally to the right, it will go to the 'shooting part' but the moving part will still be active. (controls will go crazy)

You should add an option to enable "Disable Swipe" when you're in-game. So you can only swipe when you pause the game

Last edited by HtheB; 2013-05-11 at 15:43.

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post: