Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Then de-register .bin file extensions in VLC.
How do i do it??

Open VLC player, Click on Tools in menu, Select "preferences", single left Click "interface" button,on left side, single left Click on "setup associations" deselect .bin file extension.

The Following User Says Thank You to ziggadebo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by abyn900 View Post
Everything is working fine till the last step when i enter this

RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2.004_PR_COMBINED_004_ARM.bin

my command promopt does run this..but i do not understand it opens up in my desktop and runs in a VLC player..even though its named as .bin file i do not understand this issue..???

pls help..!!
You can't just run the file - you need to run the flasher command with that as the filename to flash, so:
Code:
flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2.004_PR_COMBINED_004_ARM.bin -f -R

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ziggadebo View Post
Open VLC player, Click on Tools in menu, Select "preferences", single left Click "interface" button,on left side, single left Click on "setup associations" deselect .bin file extension.
I just checked it out..there is no .bin files option for me to uncheck ??
what do i do now..??

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
You can't just run the file - you need to run the flasher command with that as the filename to flash, so:
Code:
flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2.004_PR_COMBINED_004_ARM.bin -f -R
sorry i forgot to mention it ..i did it the same way...its a problem with my default file type association and VLC.bin has taken over it...and now am nt able to fix it..i need some help soon.,.!!

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
sorry i forgot to mention it ..i did it the same way...its a problem with my default file type association and VLC.bin has taken over it...and now am nt able to fix it..i need some help soon.,.!!
It's got absolutely nothing to do with file associations. File associations are only used when a file is run directly, never when it is used as a parameter to a command.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
It's got absolutely nothing to do with file associations. File associations are only used when a file is run directly, never when it is used as a parameter to a command.
Might be you are right but then why is that when am running it from the command instead of re-flashing it is running on my Pc rather then my N900( re-flashing i mean) that to on VLC.

I actually am not able to get it?

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Perhaps he is copy-pasting the command and the part with the image filename ends up linewrapped and since it's one a separated line it is run separatedly from the flasher command?

Thanx a lot to every1 for the help..!!
I solved it and it was nothing to do with file association . One of my drivers were not installed so i could not reflash my n900. anyways it is done now.

Thanx once again for a lot of help.

Even after flashing my N900 completely with the help from this link

http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_t...ng_the_Flasher

The whole system did start new..leaving for my contacts,conversations and calendar. I wanted all this to be removed too. Is it not possible to remove this during the flash??
or is there any more hard reset to n900??
Don't just start a new thread: repost with what the problem is, in the same thread!

OK, so you need to flash the storage on the device, called the eMMC.

On the reflashing page in the Wiki, there are instructions for how to do this. It's very similar to what you've just done, except it takes two processes: (a) flash eMMC then (b) flash the file-system (aka FIASCO).

Do NOT restart device in between processes AND the order is important - eMMC then FIASCO.

ps. it doesn't matter that you've done the fiasco already.

Last edited by demolition; 2011-10-27 at 21:19.

The Following User Says Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post: