Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by IDN900 View Post
hmmm...strange! My phone does not seem to like this patch at all, even though I have changed the overclock value to 1000 which is normally stable for me. Strangely enough the phone only reboots once locked, so would I be right in speculating that this would seem to be an underclock issue??

Oh and Trisha, for the love of god stop polluting every thread with your incoherent garbage, please try and use some common sense and apply this to find answers yourself or even better become an Isheep, you know you want to! right?
Hmmm...your issue then lies with the starving profile.
leafpad /usr/local/bin/underclock
Change the line:
kernel-config load starving
with any other profile that you prefer.

Posts: 536 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Russia
hey ammyt any idea to solve the conversations drawback as i mentioned in my previous post?
thanks

Originally Posted by zurrain101 View Post
i noticed a drawback. like when phone is idle n if i receive any text msg and i open it, the conversation of that person doesnt appear for a while. even if i write n reply. it comes if i close n open it again.or else it comes after a minute. similarly if phone is idle n i quickly open n open a conversation to text someone, the conversation doesnt show similarly for a while. but when i open my phone n wait or browse the menu and then open conversation, then its fine. maybe it takes a lil bit of time to change the voltage when phone gets active
Doesn't happen with me to be honest...but your reasoning seems at its place. Well then, change the line:
kernel-config load starving
found in /usr/local/bin/underclock to say, kernel-config load ulv

Last edited by ammyt; 2011-09-05 at 22:26.

@Estel
As I said before, I'm not epitaphish, it's totally okay, perhaps with our efforts we can further enhace the script.

Well then, the best way to figure our ways out is to create a script which monitors the CPU frequency while idle, and then observe the results. I assume most of the time, the CPU will sit on 0, maybe jump to 250 for some time, since the CPU usage with this patch applied is fairly low, 2 to 4 % as a max.

I will test this however. I am planning to fully charge my phone, unpatch it, then let it sit idle, and count the days that will pass by, then repeat the test with the patch applied, and see the results.

Just to point out, I made the patch very simply to load a KP profile when idle and another one while the device is active as a reply to GigaByte's request, but then I started collecting battery saving scripts scattered here and there into the script, so criticism and testing are certainly the top procedures to take for enhancing the script.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
ok thanks ill try that

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
@Estel
As I said before, I'm not epitaphish, it's totally okay, perhaps with our efforts we can further enhace the script.

Well then, the best way to figure our ways out is to create a script which monitors the CPU frequency while idle, and then observe the results. I assume most of the time, the CPU will sit on 0, maybe jump to 250 for some time, since the CPU usage with this patch applied is fairly low, 2 to 4 % as a max.

I will test this however. I am planning to fully charge my phone, unpatch it, then let it sit idle, and count the days that will pass by, then repeat the test with the patch applied, and see the results.

Just to point out, I made the patch very simply to load a KP profile when idle and another one while the device is active as a reply to GigaByte's request, but then I started collecting battery saving scripts scattered here and there into the script, so criticism and testing are certainly the top procedures to take for enhancing the script.
Maybe you don't need to wait for days.

Unpatch and reboot the phone. Wait in idle for a period of time, i.e. 5 hours, and measure the battery drain, then repeat the process after patching and rebooting.

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
hey the problem exists. i think ill try to change the minimum freq to 125 to see if it goes away

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by zurrain101 View Post
hey ammyt any idea to solve the conversations drawback as i mentioned in my previous post?
thanks
OT:
@ammyt: is there a way to underclock the whole forum and let trisha02's posts disappear? :P

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
hmmm...i'm using the conservative governor, will the ferocious unlock tweak work? i'm still transferring file(s) worth 3gb on my n900 so quite a few mins to test on this, thanks
how do you activate conservative governor? thx

Posts: 856 | Thanked: 1,681 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Aleppo ,Syria
i don't recommend activating conservative!!!!!!
it will f*ck your N900
it will make the performance horrible

but saves a loooot of power instead

to activate :

open the profile you are using with any text editor and change the line

GOVERNOR=ondemand
to
GOVERNOR=conservative

and reload the profile with
kernel-config load $yourprofile

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to karam For This Useful Post: