Active Topics

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by b666m View Post
for example:

i can go to this spreadsheet and type your account/nick from maemo.org and any number of stands to order:

les_garten, 1 acrylic, 2 wooden

(don't know how the layout would be, but i could FAKE an order and you would be my personal victim ^^)

in short: you have no association between the accounts here and the google docs. ^^
I don't see it though.

Here's why.

Fake looks at the NICK in the SS, sends the PM request for PayPal Money thru the Maemo PM system. He fills paid orders working from PayPal. When they are filled, he checks them off on the SS.

If you don't Pay, you don't receive.

I believe it was a form method that build a SS from the form. I've never used their tools, but it works perfectly for our group buys. You just filled out the form.

For a "GEEK" forum, the current method is kinda embarrassing!

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 348 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Fargo, North Dakota, USA
Originally Posted by ahmadka View Post
i have a question to ask about these stands:

1. which of the two types would be stronger and more resistant to breaking ? wood or acrylic ? I'm asking since they do look quite fragile

2. if i had to carry the stand around with me, can i just deassemble it and then reassemble it whenever needed, like you have shown in the youtube video ?
1. I will do a "break test" in the comparison video that I am making tonight. You can see for yourself. They're not fragile!

2. You can do that, but over time the stand will not fit as tightly. The acrylic one will scratch up in your pocket, but so will the wood one...

Someone earlier asked about black acrylic. Let me think about that for the next run. Right now I am trying to build a custom air filter so I can get all these acrylic orders done. Wish me luck!

Also, as to the spreadsheet/sales method:

Everyone who reserved a stand in this thread will get a PM when they are ready. I expect that it will only be a day from now.

I think I am going to use Shopify+PayPal so people can use credit cards or Paypal. Then everything is handled in a secure and very professional way. I may ask you to enter your handle just to be sure.

I will also list some on eBay, but not until orders from this forum are all fulfilled.

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 348 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Fargo, North Dakota, USA
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
For a "GEEK" forum, the current method is kinda embarrassing!
I'm just taking reservations right now and working my *** off to get these things made ASAP -- I will handle the sales as professionally as possible.

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Can u ship in greece?! I want one black stand

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vienna, AUSTRIA
i would like to have a 3-item-set sent to vienna/austria

thanx for your effort on this item

Thomas

Posts: 327 | Thanked: 249 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Λεμεσιανός, ρε!
Ah, if you will have a payment option other than Paypal I would like two black wooden ones (I'm in the USA). I was holding off solely due to that fact!

The Following User Says Thank You to skalogre For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ The Netherlands
Hi Fake,

May I change my order from 1 wooden stand to :

1 black wooden and 1 acrylic stands please

Shipping to the Netherlands.

Just a little question, sorry to bother you, but was wondering
I have a hard plastic case on my N900 would this still fit or not ??

Is it possible to try this cause I know a lot of people have this kind of cases and it would be hard to take them off every time we would want to use your beautiful stand.

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ UK Swindon
Hi Fake
I'll take one of each please. PM me re distri in UK if preferred.

Hi fake, I'd like to change my order to one of each if you wouldn't mind.

Thanks!

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Ireland
I'll take an Acrylic one please.

Tags
accessory, acrylic, awesome!, complex pricing structure, holder, inexpensive, n900, n900 stand, stand, stay in school!!!, wood