Originally Posted by nilezy View Post
I have applied the new version and have had major issues......

1. My battery was drained by 50% in 30 mins with Data on.
2. The phone is very 'laggy' between applications and screens
3. Browsers (including Firefox) are slow with data and display
4. Skype has caused major issues including corrupting my contacts, freezing the phone and rebooting my phone when and while attempting a phone call

I Have not been entirely happy with my N900 as it has always been 'laggy' and some application boot times have been bad.

I wanted to upgrade to the N9 with Meego but just can't get over:

1. capacitive screen ( I don't know how women use a capacitive screen considering they would use their fingernails!!)
2. no physical keyboard (I need tactile touch, can't type without it)
3. Added hardware and functions my N900 has including none removable battery, smaller memory, etc...

I have never touched the iphone for these last two reasons and due to the Apple OS

Regards,
nilezy
Exactly my words!!! From very beggining to last word.... Despiting the fact update casued me CRAP load of issues as you mentioned above, keyboard is a must just like n950...since realising to public its not gonna happen, N900 has to stay with me for another years or so...

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
In case it matters: I tried to do the OTA update (no CSSU, KP47) using HAM and got an error that my battery was low (17%, should be plenty..)

So I plugged it and did the update. After a while the screen went blank (gray, not black like when you lock it) and nothing happened. I thought maybe it takes longer or something, but after another while I decided to turn it off and then on again (with the associated nervousness as I thought I might have to reflash my N900 for the first time .

Everything works as before (the update is installed according to Settings - About as well as apt-get upgrade).

Don't know if it happened to you.
I reflashed my n900 and later added the security update.
I tried Ovi maps, eCoach... GPS working like a charm.
Installed nelisquare, which I had installed and fully working before flashing my n900 and the GPS stopped working.

It seems there may be some libs conflict. Has anybody had the same problem??

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
In case it matters: I tried to do the OTA update (no CSSU, KP47) using HAM and got an error that my battery was low (17%, should be plenty..)

So I plugged it and did the update. After a while the screen went blank (gray, not black like when you lock it) and nothing happened. I thought maybe it takes longer or something, but after another while I decided to turn it off and then on again (with the associated nervousness as I thought I might have to reflash my N900 for the first time .

Everything works as before (the update is installed according to Settings - About as well as apt-get upgrade).
This wasn't a major update, no critical system files were touched.

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
[this is a copy of http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...85#post1118785]

The "CSSU team" kicked off the CSSU Stable branch project yesterday. May arrive in a week or two, basing on CSSU Testing 16.8/17
What? 17? ;-D Yes, we also started to get CSSU Testing rev 17 which will bring the PR1.3.1 diginotar (not really, we had this since quite some time already) and cert display update recently shipped by Nokia, plus some long-pending fixes to modest and camera-ui by freemangordon.

You will not be able to switch from CSSU T to CSSU S, to switch it needs a complete new install, means flashing of stock PR1.3 and then installing the Stable. So Stable is mainly meant for those users who run PR1.3(.1) and where reluctant about using CSSU Testing ( - no real reason why Testing users would want to switch to Stable :-D ).

cheers
jOERG

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 168 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Madrid
So that means that everyone with CCSU testing installed have to install PR 1.3.1 and then the new Stable CSSU right? thanks a lot

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by kralde View Post
So that means that everyone with CCSU testing installed have to install PR 1.3.1 and then the new Stable CSSU right? thanks a lot
No, those using CSSU Testing will continue running CSSU Testing, and will get the latest updates as they come out. Those currently running PR1.3(.1) will be able to install the new CSSU Stable release, which will only include updates that have spent a while in CSSU Testing and that don't show up any issues.

If you're currently using CSSU Testing and want to switch to Stable then you need to reflash to PR1.3(.1) and then install the Stable release (when it's available).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Stable and testing will be the same by next release, stable will not be as frequent as testing and updates may be monthly, depending on the amount of time testing takes.
We may start a new repo (devel) with nightly updates and that'll be unstable bleeding edge (which may or may not brick your device).

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 201 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ india
i just thought that i can't wait anymore

Originally Posted by abhirajsoni View Post
i just thought that i can't wait anymore
+1

Just one question wasn't answer.

It will be in Extras the Stable CSSU or to install we have to go to the wiki page?

Greetings.

Tags
security