Notices

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by DaSilva View Post
Will Stellarium be available in extras-devel with PR1.2?
It's there, installed perfectly.

But it uses still the (now) deprecated libqt4-maemo5 libraries instead of libqt4 which is already 4.6.2 in PR1.2

Originally Posted by Smooth-op View Post
I tried to install from the deb file but it's a NO GO , go into 'details' in the app manager box when it says it can't install and there all the missing files are listed...make a note of them all, go into terminal 'root' and type apt-get install libqt4...etc. it installs all missing packages then you can run Stellarium and the sky comes back
I've tried this. Although the program runs, the sky's still black...
Where did you download the .deb file?

Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
Hi. Been looking at this app for weeks but as a non-techy was a bit scared of installing it. don't really understand .deb instalation so I installed it from the app manager. First try was very slow with having to take the battery out. Second try managed to get a location close to me but constellation names were nonsence. Third try constellation names were normal and it seems to be working fine and everything seems to have speeded up a bit. Have read the forum about daytime sky being black. Mine still is but everything else is good. Is there a daytime sky with this port and if so what am I missing. bearing in mind I'm a numpty. Love this operating system and hope it will be supported for a good while yet. Just wish I knew what the f**k most of the lingo on this forum meant. Thanks. Love this app

I'm having display problems - fonts render as dots.
This is at stellarium.org:
"Problems range from missing parts in the Stellarium interface, text display problems (on S3 and ATI Rage graphics cards), to missing stars. They mostly occur on older hardware, or on specific on-board graphics chips (an onboard Geforce 4MX user solved the problem by reverting to the older 5.2.1.6 driver for his model). We advise experimenting with the graphics driver (updating, changing settings, reverting to older versions) if you're comfortable doing this. For users experiencing problems with S3 graphics controllers, update the driver to the S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR driver for Windows XP.
Many GUI enhancement, theme engine and skinning programs for Windows can cause problems with OpenGL applications including Stellarium. Please try disabling these if you have them running: WindowBlinds, WindowFX, ObjectDock, IconPackager and Entbloess (and similar programs)."

So nothing what can I do on n900. See names of constallations is enoght for me. I installed via .deb and via appmanager too. Problem still there.

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
I've tried this. Although the program runs, the sky's still black...
Where did you download the .deb file?
Yeah after pr1.2 the sky, when it's day, is black.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
After checking with the current maintainer, I've pushed 0.10.5 to the repository today. This is pretty much a straight build of the upstream package (which includes the necessary maemo configuration & optimisations), and is linked against the PR1.2 Qt libraries.

I've modified the default config file for the N900 screen resolution, and have added a maximum size limit to some of the dialogs. Unfortunately this results in them being truncated, but this is still slightly better than with the default settings. I'm going to keep looking into how to get these to fit somehow (probably by adding scrolling), but I thought it was better to get something released now.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
... added a maximum size limit to some of the dialogs. Unfortunately this results in them being truncated, but this is still slightly better than with the default settings. I'm going to keep looking into how to get these to fit somehow (probably by adding scrolling), but I thought it was better to get something released now.
I've managed to get this sorted out now, and have just uploaded 0.10.5-2 which makes the Config & View panes scrollable (just drag the content around within the frame), allowing access to all the options.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Aspen Colorado
Nice port. I had a lot of trouble entering lat/lon information though. I ended up just clicking the map as best as I could. Are the locations stored in a human readable text format that could be edited?

How can I use my current location (with GPS) for this?