When removing the screws from the back of the display, what did you do if you accidentally stripped a screw head?

Posts: 154 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ South Africa
Originally Posted by debo900 View Post
When removing the screws from the back of the display, what did you do if you accidentally stripped a screw head?
If u know some one with a old Sony Ericsson M600i, ask him a screw. They also use ph00 screws.
Debian

Originally Posted by Ele-Mental View Post
If u know some one with a old Sony Ericsson M600i, ask him a screw. They also use ph00 screws.
Thanks for the reply, I have extra screws I just need to find out how to remove this stripped screw.

Posts: 154 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ South Africa
Originally Posted by debo900 View Post
Thanks for the reply, I have extra screws I just need to find out how to remove this stripped screw.
I got it right with two needles and the yin-yang poke.
Debian

Last edited by Ele-Mental; 2010-11-19 at 20:20.

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ San Diego, CA
I got lucky with mine. My stripped screw was on the right center on the back of the LCD cover. I was able to lift the cover enough to remove and replace the LCD screen without removing the screw. If the screw has been lifted slightly, you could try using a pair of pliers to twist it out.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
I haven't tried it myself, dunno how safe it would be, but how about putting a tiny drop of superglue on the screw and glue a screwdriver to it (wait for it to dry etc) and then pull/twist it out?

I haven't tried super glue yet I'll probably do that next and I tried pliers but the ones I have are too big.

Be careful to not glue the screw to anything but the screwdriver (or whatever you're using to try to twist and pull it out)

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ San Diego, CA
i tried the superglue trick and it did nothing for me

Perhaps you need a superglue "model" that works with metal?