Notices

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
UPDATE!

Caco3 has packed the CLI version of Passwordmaker and is now in available in Extras-Testing!

Caco3 is now developing a GUI - PasswordMaker-Frontend also available in Extras-Testing!

Happy testing!

-------
#Old original post goes below!#
-------
First of all, Hi there! Almost new owner of the lovely N900 here. Now back to topic.

I hereby humbly request passwordmaker to the N900.

I use it a lot today with the Firefox plugin as well as the downloadble javascript version on my N900 through my browser. Which isn't that efficient...

This allows me to just remember two STRONG passwords.
One for passwordmaker and one for the excellent pySafe, where I keep more AFK-stuff for work and so on. About half of these passwords I can change and a N900 application would be really nice for this.

Code and such:
Python user contributed code: newer and older.
The other versions of passwordmaker is located HERE. The Desktop variant is kaaboodled with QT. There is CLI, btw.

I also started a thread in the passwordmaker forums HERE.

Idea on looks: Could be something similar to the Firefox plugin and with access to the settings in the menu.

Im sad to say, that I can not yet code almost anything, but I can say I am learning. So now im asking and hoping that anyone out there finds this a good idea and finds it in their heart to help out.
Thanks in advance and thanks for your time.

Last edited by danielpublic; 2011-04-18 at 17:55. Reason: Initial update.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to danielpublic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
what are you exactly requesting?
a port of this app or just a gui for an already working cli version?
The last should not be too hard.

I have some expirience with Qt with Python and might be able to help.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
Why Hello (again) Good Sir!

Basically, Yes!
A GUI for the CLI-version, since it already have all functionality.

What I'm requesting concretely and squarely:
· Three input fields: Two for the masterpassword. One for input (url,email, usr@host etc.)
· It would suffice with a GUI that reads a settingsfile for password length, characters and so forth.
· A 'Copy the generated password to the clipboard'.

Hopefully, this would not take to much effort?

As your attorney, I advise you to take those USB flashdrive of yours, that you never use anyway and your fellow mans epoxy, glue the sticks in a some nice public environment and point them out on DD.

The Following User Says Thank You to danielpublic For This Useful Post:
I am currently awa from my workstation. But I can have a look in 1..2 weeks
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Sounds great!

As your attorney, I advise you to take those USB flashdrive of yours, that you never use anyway and your fellow mans epoxy, glue the sticks in a some nice public environment and point them out on DD.

Hi Daniel

I started to look into this project.
Do you have password maker already running on Maemo?
Because there are no packed versions available.
Sow we would first have to port and pack the CLI version before we can make a GUI

Also I would have to know where the config file is stored about which you wrote earlier.
and more...

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
An alternative you could try is KeePassX. The interface is not optimised for the N900 but the password generator function is somewhat usable.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kureyon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by caco3 View Post
Hi Daniel

I started to look into this project.
Do you have password maker already running on Maemo?
Because there are no packed versions available.
Sow we would first have to port and pack the CLI version before we can make a GUI

Also I would have to know where the config file is stored about which you wrote earlier.
Hi! Sound great, thanks for taking you time on this!
Sadly no, atm I only use online javascript(Download).

Regarding the config, never mind that. I just forget to think first, then write & submit.

Since, first of all its a gui for the passwordmaker CLI-version.
BUT secondly, as of v.1.5 of mentioned ditto, it can use the RDF files from passwordmakers firefox plugin.

But Hey, that's somewhere way down the road I guess!
Originally Posted by kureyon View Post
An alternative you could try is KeePassX. The interface is not optimised for the N900 but the password generator function is somewhat usable.
Ah, yes. KeePassX. KeePassX is however a whole kind of different animal compared to Passwordmaker, since its a 'manager' aka in this case, a database application.
Passwordmaker is all about math, as it calculates ones passwords when they are needed by the means of your favorite magic one-way hash algorithm. Currently it supports these "guise".

After all is said and done, I find myself being much more comfortable with a tinfoilhat than convenience. YMMV.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
I downloaded the JS version and bookmarked the local file un microB, has been suiting me quite well

edit: it does got a Python version, might be worth looking into

The Following User Says Thank You to TiagoTiago For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TiagoTiago View Post
I downloaded the JS version and bookmarked the local file un microB, has been suiting me quite well

edit: it does got a Python version, might be worth looking into
Yes, thats what I use as well, except I use Firefox for it through a quicklaunch bookmark on a desktop. Yeah, I know. As linked the python thingys in OP.

Tags
nokia n900, passwordmaker