Active Topics

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
I know what/when/why/how to get around in maemo, so do you . I am pretty new to Nitdroid.

How to get files in and out of Nitdroid: ES File Explorer.
It allows move/rename/cut/paste/delete/launch files thru Local/LAN/FTP/Bluetooth.

I DO NOT know security. If you are concerned, you would have to do something else, before you expose your Nitdroid to the whole world

Initial running by default Local, allows file manipulation within Nitdroid.
To transfer file between winPC and Nitdroid
1) On winPC, set up a folder for sharing, e.g. MyNitdroidApps, right click on the folder and check properties>share
Find your PC LAN address, Start>Run>cmd>ipconfig will give you 192.168.1.xxx; install tightVNC on winPC, run VNC server.
2) On Nitdroid ESFile Explorer, Toggle right upper corner Local, opens up a menu for LAN/FTP/Bluetooth. Click LAN>menu>New>
filll in above LAN address as server, leave user/password empty (Or figure out how to do it and share with us, I have NOT learned it yet )
Now you should see your winPC on desktop, click on it, you would see MyNitdroidApps folder, now you can move files between your winPC and Nitdroid.

Of course, you can do it via maemo, linux box, or any nitpik you want to share, for the newbies like myself. This works fine.

Like to share some pearls of your fav Nitdroid apps? Come on down....

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-09-17 at 02:21.

thanks man It was so helpful

in Maemo when I go to File Explorer I find Shered media and my pc but when i enter my pc I cant find any of my shered folder ??? why

Missing instructions, sorry about it. You have to install some VNC server to get it going. I am using tightVNC, just install it, then run the server, and on nitdroid, menu>new>LAN and put in the address. It will work. Post back if problem.

Sorry for the missing part.

bun

Want to take your nitdroid for a spin (No, not the Ovi map spin )? Yes, you can, all you need is a BT GPS.

1) pair your BT GPS, some nitdroid installation BT works right away, some may need a small patch.

2) dl and intall, FREE apps,

a) BlueGPS4droid, to connect your BT GPS
b) MapDroyd, map for offline use

3) run MapDroyd and dl your city of interest, you DO needs some space, so be reasonable, NOT to run out of space. I have 6 G space for my 8G SD card.

Off to spin, works offline, apparantly no route though.

I did the above, ran for 15 min, faithfully tracking my travel without a single glitch.

More info, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=61739&page=2, thread #51

enjoy,

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-09-17 at 02:19.

hi...need urgent help pls!!

hi,please help. i tried downloading nitdroid from the application manager but it didnt show up in extras devel..and i couldnt get it by apt get...someone suggested adding a repo of nitdroid..that didnt work too...so i tried downloading nitdroid-installer_0.2.7_armel.deb from nitdroid downloads...it gave an error about 2 missing dependencies...multiboot-kernel-maemo_0.3_armel.deb and multiboot_0.2.10_armel.deb. i tried downloading and installing them directly. i installed multiboot_0.2.10_armel.deb, got a msg to update..and did so. now when i start my phone...i get a white screen with the msg 'press a key to select' it has nokia n900 multiboot written on top and the number 30 on the right.i have tried pressing all the keys but nothing happens, expect that the numbers count down to 1 and start on 30 again.the phone switches off after some time automatically...any help...whats happening?

Want to use your finger instead of stylus, yes you can. Palm graffiti is here, nitdroid virtual keyboard numerals are not ready, graffiti will take care of it. Yes, you can input numerals from graffiti and dont have to pull out your hw keyboard.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-09-23 at 07:50.

It has been exactly 3 years since I was able to enjoy stereo headphone from my NIT. I am severely hearing impaired on one of my ear. Without adjusting L or R channel, I would never been able to hear stereo. I finally found my player on nitdroid, check it out.

It has equalizer and adjusting to L/R channel, OMG, bunanson is now in heaven! Enjoying The Guess who, share the land; follow with LynyrdSkynyrd's Free bird, Simon and Garfunkel epic, The Sounds of silence.... THANK YOU dj_steve and the nitdroid team!

AudioPlayer with Equalizer Platinum 1.5.0 and you bet I am using my active sound cancellation ear plug, very high quality, $14.99..... now playing Free Bird....I am free as a bird now, and this bird you cannot change (chain ), lord.....

pics attached,

enjoy,

Edit: I just found a screenshot app, OMG, now I can shot with screencapture, .... to be continue tomorrow, way tooooo late now.

bun
Attached Images

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-09-28 at 04:56.

Tags
file manager, n900s, nitdroid