Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
did you read unrestricted-system-ui main thread for solving problem? no? sadly. just read it.

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
did you read unrestricted-system-ui main thread for solving problem? no? sadly. just read it.
or perhaps the OP of the relevant threads could easily be updated. Just good practice, sweety.....

Originally Posted by minipac View Post
well u think u have very smart ***** , do one think just keep the system -ui and incept in ur ***** for next time, learn how to use ur dirty **** language in public.....
Both of you really ought to cool it. :-|

The easiest approach is to reflash your N9 with the PR1.3 firmware image. Replacing system packages with INCEPTION - which is exactly what MohammadAG's system-ui mod involves - tends to cause serious problems if you try to upgrade the firmware.

There is, however, an alternate approach that might work. However, two people have already had to reflash their N9s either because they made a mistake following the directions, or the directions weren't right in the first place. ONCE YOU START THIS PROCEDURE, DO NOT REBOOT YOUR N9, INSTALL/UNINSTALL ANY PROGRAMS, OR RUN THE 'PASIV' COMMAND INSTALLED WITH INCEPTION! Doing so will force you to reflash.

To fix system-ui:

• Run ariadne sh (for INCEPTION 0.2) or opensh (for INCEPTION 0.1 with opensh)
  • Back up restok.conf by running cp /var/lib/aegis/restok/restok.conf ~/restok.bak
  • Edit /var/lib/aegis/restok/restok.conf from the terminal or SSH using vi or nano
  • Search for a line reading Package: system-ui
  • Change the line below reading Source: com.nokia.maemo/local to Source: com.nokia.maemo
  • Save the file
  • Run accli -c tcb-sign -F /var/lib/aegis/restok/restok.conf < /var/lib/aegis/restok/restok.conf
  • Run apt-get --reinstall install system-ui

Let me know if this works. If you don't understand these steps, it would be best to go with the reflash approach.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to itsnotabigtruck For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iw3bpktqtg....2-1%2B0m8.deb

this rebuilded unrestricted-system-ui with matchimg version.

Originally Posted by itsnotabigtruck View Post
Both of you really ought to cool it. :-|

The easiest approach is to reflash your N9 with the PR1.3 firmware image. Replacing system packages with INCEPTION - which is exactly what MohammadAG's system-ui mod involves - tends to cause serious problems if you try to upgrade the firmware.

There is, however, an alternate approach that might work. However, two people have already had to reflash their N9s either because they made a mistake following the directions, or the directions weren't right in the first place. ONCE YOU START THIS PROCEDURE, DO NOT REBOOT YOUR N9, INSTALL/UNINSTALL ANY PROGRAMS, OR RUN THE 'PASIV' COMMAND INSTALLED WITH INCEPTION! Doing so will force you to reflash.

To fix system-ui:

• Run ariadne sh (for INCEPTION 0.2) or opensh (for INCEPTION 0.1 with opensh)
  • Back up restok.conf by running cp /var/lib/aegis/restok/restok.conf ~/restok.bak
  • Edit /var/lib/aegis/restok/restok.conf from the terminal or SSH using vi or nano
  • Search for a line reading Package: system-ui
  • Change the line below reading Source: com.nokia.maemo/local to Source: com.nokia.maemo
  • Save the file
  • Run accli -c tcb-sign -F /var/lib/aegis/restok/restok.conf < /var/lib/aegis/restok/restok.conf
  • Run apt-get --reinstall install system-ui

Let me know if this works. If you don't understand these steps, it would be best to go with the reflash approach.

thanks for help and solution, just want to confirm that we have to do this after installing the system-ui.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iw3bpktqtg....2-1%2B0m8.deb

this rebuilded unrestricted-system-ui with matchimg version.
we can install this direct ?

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
Hy there,

working since yesterday on install the new unrestricted-system-ui but it seems that even with the new inception 0.2, donwloaded with MeeScan, installed and activating with devel-su -c /usr/sbin/pasiv without any errormessages, my phone seems not incepted.
Was reflashing 2 times but ofter inception, trying to install system-ui_1.3.2~1+0m8_backport_1.4.0~1_armel.deb
have the message
aegis rejecting system-ui_1.3.2~1+0m8_backport_1.4.0~1_armel.deb: could not open debian archive
and so on

Also didnt have the folder /usr/sbin/incept

what is wrong here?

hello guys , i am newbie to Meego but i am an ex N900 user so i have some info.
i just bought a new N9 and now , i am surfing the net to know what i can do with it,
first i upgrade it to the new PR1.3 and now i am trying to install Inception 0.2
Developer mode is On and i install all the packages listed there.
also i installed inception 0.2 but after i write the command
devel-su -c /usr/sbin/pasiv
it asks for pass and i dont know what pass is and even if i know the pass i cannot write it becoz i tried to write a pass but nothing can be written and i dont know why??
please a step by step tutorial will be appreciated >
I have visited the home site of Inception but i understand nothing.
is there any thing i must do before installing Inception and is there an icon indicates that inception is installed successfully .
Thx in advance.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
password is rootme
once you type it its input on the terminal but will not be visible.

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Thx sir
rootme works

Tags
aegis, inception, pr1.3, root-access