Notices

Posts: 140 | Thanked: 369 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ituzaingo, Argentina
Originally Posted by joshv06 View Post
Thanks, where do we put the .ko file?

Thanks a lot!
inside

/lib/modules/2.6.28-omap1/

remember to backup the original one

Last edited by Harick; 2010-11-08 at 22:59.

The Following User Says Thank You to Harick For This Useful Post:
I just uploaded new better version that only requires change of /usr/sbin/fmtxd and will automatically set region to 4

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jacekowski For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by jacekowski View Post
I just uploaded new better version that only requires change of /usr/sbin/fmtxd and will automatically set region to 4

Is this different than the one in post #260?

link is same - just changed file on my server - features are same, just one file instead of two

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jacekowski For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Well, after doing a hideous broken dependency-involving-NeoPwn-kernel dance (I ended up flashing to that kernel, then immediately flashing to the one I was using before, from on board the device, then using sync and rebooting, which sorted out my particular issue), then getting a "syntax error" with your binary (apparently even Notepad managed to leave some f'ing metadata in the file*), I redownloaded directly to device, edited the one thing I needed to edit with vi, then copied over, and reinstalled FMTX Faker, and everything is that much more effortless now, because I don't need to bother with shell scripts, or the python thing in the first link (though I like the southern cross icon... I'm tempted to go incorporate that into my status menu just cuz it looks neat), or manually making the region 4.

And, of course, only one file has to be replaced instead of two. So, since I never actually thanked you for these modifications to begin with, jacekowski, you're awesome. Just in case no one told you.

*If anyone wanted to know what I was editing the binary for, I change the e in call_state_ind to a 't' as part of a hack qwerty12 came up with for making the transmitter enable-able during a phone-call. (What good is broadcasting to police frequencies in the US if you can't trick your enemies into admitting to illegal things while being broadcast live on FM radio? I joke, of course, but the point is, the ability could be useful enough in a few hypothetical situations where you'd really wish you had it if they ever came up, so I like to enable it whenever I move in a new fmtxd file.)

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
link is same - just changed file on my server - features are same, just one file instead of two
Thanks Jace...

Yup, I loaded up the single file this AM and it ran well all day today.
However, for some reason after loading it on mine with global firmware, a poptart reported "FM Transmitter disabled" when I went to use FMTX.

No big deal. I installed qwerty12's FMTX Faker and all was good again...

Perhaps this is a side affect for enabling the region this way.

Does anyone know if this region has FMTX enabled by default or was region 4 the reason Faheem developed FMTX Faker in the first place?

SLN member # 009

regions are only related to frequency restrictions and default preemphasis settings, things that caused "fm transmitter disabled" is quite simple - i was using fmtxd binary patched by fmtx-faker as base ( fmtx-faker changes dbus service names in fmtxd binary to operate ) there is updated version of fmtxd at my site that doesn't require fmtx-faker on phones with transmitter normally enabled, fmtx-faker is still required for phones with transmitter disabled

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jacekowski For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
regions are only related to frequency restrictions and default preemphasis settings, things that caused "fm transmitter disabled" is quite simple - i was using fmtxd binary patched by fmtx-faker as base ( fmtx-faker changes dbus service names in fmtxd binary to operate ) there is updated version of fmtxd at my site that doesn't require fmtx-faker on phones with transmitter normally enabled, fmtx-faker is still required for phones with transmitter disabled
Great work
I'll sure give this a go when I reflash my N900
Thank you bro.

Wait!! does the frequency tune from 0,1,2,3...9? or standard?

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2010-11-10 at 00:19.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
I knew it must be suttin' sinetific like that

So to be clear:

If I hit this link up now...

New updated FMTXD for 1.3 is here http://jacekowski.org/Maemo/FMTXD1.3
...the fmtxd1.3 file I now download will be different from the one I received from that link 13 or so hours ago and it will not require FM Faker to be used?

SLN member # 009

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
If I hit this link up now...

...the fmtxd1.3 file I now download will be different from the one I received from that link 13 or so hours ago and it will not require FM Faker to be used?
yes it will be different

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jacekowski For This Useful Post:

Tags
fm transmitter, freedom fm