what will he blame on for the first quarter 2012 (very likely very poor and very disappointing) nokia sales? blame iphone users for being lazy to learn tiles and metro?

Sooo brave.

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
what will he blame on for the first quarter 2012 (very likely very poor and very disappointing) nokia sales? blame iphone users for being lazy to learn tiles and metro?
Blame solar flares for changing the magnet field of the earth which makes people not like the amazing everyday

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
They have been giving them away for free. I have one that will probably end up on ebay soon. £65 to test my own application on my own device? Fvck you, M$.
Don't waste your time with WP7, keep your time to making softwares for Maemo & MeeGo
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Yes... and the last ones to get everything else.. or not get most apps that people want at ALL. Microsoft's ecosystem is still very small and growing very, very slowly. Very slowly. Very. I doubt that is an attractive proposition to the average cellphone buyer despite EA.
this is all about the commenters preferences. I know a lot of users who are fully satisfied only with the EA games, and another lot who are fully satisfied when they log on to their office365 with lumia....

for me that sounds like step 6/5 with maemo aka the step nokia couldn'n anticipate in 2005: cloud services.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

can we vote elop out of nokia. is anyone from board seeing this.

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Yes... and the last ones to get everything else.. or not get most apps that people want at ALL. Microsoft's ecosystem is still very small and growing very, very slowly. Very slowly. Very. I doubt that is an attractive proposition to the average cellphone buyer despite EA.
When Microsoft eco system is big enough eco systems isn not important anymore. With apollo you will be able to compile C++ code for windows phones. C++ works on other platforms and it is easy to port apps. HTML5 is also something that will make eco systems less important.

WP before apollo will never get a good eco system. It is C# and WP lacks important functionality.

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
Point bolded. Some average cellphone buyer might be tempted for example with Nokias deal to be at least the first one to get EA games to their cellphones.

http://www.liveside.net/2011/10/28/e...indows-phones/
First WP cellphone to get their games, there is a difference. They are not the first cellphones to get those games. So that itself is a loss since other platforms have had those games earlier already. I bet the low sales of WP allows EA to do things like this in this partnership since convincing them to give up potential sales on other WP7 phones is not that hard seeing as they are not giving up a large market.

Last edited by Cue; 2012-02-14 at 03:05.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
go to gsmarena.com

voilaaaa, N9 got better and better position, where is that WP??, LOL, wake up nokia wake uuup!!

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by Zoxir View Post
That could work but people would just be like thanks you can keep the Lumia.
Doesn't matter because MS could still claim that as being sold. MS has been cagey about WP7 sales - they only seem to give out the number of units "shipped" rather than the number of units sold. And by shipped they probably mean the number of licenses sold to manufacturers, eg HTC buys a bulk license for 500K units, but has so far produced only 100K devices and have only sold 20 to end users (these numbers have been pulled from thin air for illustrative purposes only).

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
for me that sounds like step 6/5 with maemo aka the step nokia couldn'n anticipate in 2005: cloud services.
I thought the whole business with that Ovi crap was to do with "the cloud" and services?

Tags
blame others, deluded fanboys, kidsbeingkids, lumiadork, ms will die, salesdroids, the elop flop, wp blows