Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
How much time ?
I'll time the next build now that I have the PR1.3 sources and want to use that.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by jackburton View Post
Thanks for the info!

If I want to use my own config inside dpkg-buildpackage, where should I specify that?
it reads debian/rules-file, currently it uses this line:

Code:
DEFCONFIG := rm581_defconfig
Kernel compilation in 8-core scratchbox takes around 15minutes. And around 10mins if you have SSD.

So in multicore sb you just run:
Code:
DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=parallel=10 dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Last edited by rainisto; 2013-03-18 at 17:31.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
How on earth do you manage to get compile to last that that long?

I timed normal openmode harmattan kernel & modules compile in scratchbox as 9 minutes on my ancient 2-core T9600@2.8GHz

When building Nemo kernel on gnuabi toolchain it's even faster, something under 7 minutes...

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
So now that I have Bluetooth tethering working, does anybody know if the Bluetooth 4 work mentioned in these forums got anywhere? Tethering is now only limited by Bluetooth 2 speeds. Would love more...
Nowhere last I checked, InDT had supposedly more-or-less finished it*
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=85118
There's some other threads too IIRC , pretty sure it's still stalled...
Please do this (BT4 LE that is) if at all feasible!

*actually I had a chat with them, can't recall all the detail, maybe I'll dig-up the correspondence later

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
How on earth do you manage to get compile to last that that long?

I timed normal openmode harmattan kernel & modules compile in scratchbox as 9 minutes on my ancient 2-core T9600@2.8GHz

When building Nemo kernel on gnuabi toolchain it's even faster, something under 7 minutes...
Most of the time is spend on creating 14 different kernel debian packages, since dpkg-buildpackage also builds debug kernel and debug modules etc.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Ah of course. I misread your previous posting, of course dpkg-buildpackage is going to take a LOT more time
Sorry about that!

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
How much time ?
For make zImage and modules:

real 83m54.757s
user 76m10.234s
sys 5m38.719s

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jackburton For This Useful Post:
and on desktop (8x3.0GHz Intel Xeon):
> time make -j10 ARCH=arm zImage modules
real 3m15.831s
user 17m52.919s
sys 1m14.729s

Last edited by rainisto; 2013-03-19 at 13:20.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
For make zImage and modules:

real 83m54.757s
user 76m10.234s
sys 5m38.719s
I've cited your timings here.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

I have built a new PR1.3 open-mode kernel for my N9 that includes NAT modules and the BRIDGE driver.

http://www.ctrl-h.net/nokia/harmatta...3/kernel/btlc/

My goal is to use the bridge utils from debian 6 (squeeze) installed into the SDK chroot.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jackburton For This Useful Post: