Originally Posted by jflatt View Post
Is this a joke? Apple supporting their devices? You do know the iPhone 2G was dropped like a hot rock right? The 3G got an iOS 4.0 upgrade with no features in it, makes the phone slow as mud, and is still not fixed.

Considering the primitive state of the iOS it's probably much easier to offer upgrades.

But there's no excuse for dropping N900 like a rock. MeeGO is Maemo 6 and nokia should provide the update same as 3GS got the latest OS and all androids are updated from version 1 to 2.

No excuse.

What hurts more is the features and the UI of maemo 5 (which nokia will wrongly redesign) that surpass both iOS and android by a long shot.
Simply the taping outside the focused area to go back and the multitasking dashboard put between desktop and main menu are brilliant!
I don't think anyone will ever achieve such integrated and easy to use multitasking...

Last edited by Bec; 2010-08-17 at 07:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bec For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Also... and I can't emphasize this enough.. LESS THAN ONE YEAR.

I mean, I had already seen this before with the N810WE coming out not long before the N900 and BAM... it got dropped not long after release. Seems to keep happening over and over with Nokia, is all.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
It's easy to criticize though without having used one

I only hope MeeGo will bring major version updates and won't stay too far from the principles in Maemo5.

Yea it's a shame < 1 year and it hurts even more for people who bought it just 3 months ago.. like me.

I think I am going to walk right into the Nokia HQ here and make a mockery of them.

The Following User Says Thank You to xuggs For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xuggs View Post
Yea it's a shame < 1 year and it hurts even more for people who bought it just 3 months ago.. like me.

I think I am going to walk right into the Nokia HQ here and make a mockery of them.
Agreed, because N900 is just released in many countries only for a few months....

I bought N900 01/05/2010 in HK (first day release in HK).... so disappointed with it, If Nokia provide 30 days money back (likes iPhone 4), then I get my money without any consideration..

Last edited by cmsjkung; 2010-08-17 at 13:43.

The Following User Says Thank You to cmsjkung For This Useful Post:
Posts: 268 | Thanked: 1,053 times | Joined on May 2010 @ The Netherlands
I've found a very interesting project today: JITB.

As the thread title says, it is a Java based flash player. According to the blog post, it currently renders a subset of ActionScript at almost native Java speed.

Basically, the goal of this project allows all java-supporting devices (phones, desktops, etc) to run flash files. They even explicitly mention Android as a target for this project.

Please note this project is far from finished; the whole flash API has yet to be implemented, so don't get all overexcited yes

Hopefully this will make our already superb Maemo devices even better

Source: http://blog.joa-ebert.com/2010/08/19/introducing-jitb/

Last edited by iDont; 2010-08-21 at 13:33. Reason: Changed sentence a bit

Originally Posted by Bec View Post
What hurts more is the features and the UI of maemo 5 (which nokia will wrongly redesign) that surpass both iOS and android by a long shot.
Exactly

I miss Maemo when using iPhone and Android, its such a shame Nokia don't know what they have.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jaimex2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by xuggs View Post
fb videos work fine for me at full speeds but i hardly use fb anyways. Just google streetview is much needed.
I just noticed that google streetview can still be accessed on the N900 - through twaelti's maemaps web app!

Just put the red dot on the desired located and press "V". Then scroll down!

EDIT: Wow, even works with locally stored maemaps.html and corresponding scripts!

Last edited by rebhana; 2010-08-23 at 19:29.

The Following User Says Thank You to rebhana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 353 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arora.rohan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ wolver
Bummer o well on with life lol cheers anyway.

The Following User Says Thank You to marcsony For This Useful Post:

Tags
adobe, adobe flash, blahblah, flash, flash 10, flash 10.1, fremantle, future, idiotic thread, maemo, maemo 5, nokia, nokia fails, update