Notices

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Canada
Funny problem: I downloaded the Personal Dataplan Monitor app, but now I can't find it anywhere. It doesn't list as a Widget if I want to add it to a desktop, it is not under settings, I just can't find it.

I un-installed it and re-installed it, I restarted my phone, I looked everywhere, and feel really stupid.

It's there: I see it when I list all apps under the App Man, but how to start it? Is there a way to manually start it up (X Terminal)?

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
did you try a restart???

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

can you find these files in your device?

/usr/share/applications/hildon-home/personal-gprs-mon.desktop
/usr/lib/hildon-desktop/personal-gprs-mon.so

Sorry for being a complete nitwit, but how/where can I see if these files are there?

(and yes: I tried a restart)

that's ok

if you have filebox installed, you can use it to navigate your file system, just like what you do with windows explorer on your windows pc
or you can try running x-terminal and type

ls /usr/share/applications/hildon-home/personal-gprs-mon.desktop

to see if the specified file exists or not. if it doesn't, it'll report an error

there are other ways to check if file exists or not using x-term (ie. "file" command), but i guess "ls" would suffice

The Following User Says Thank You to figaro For This Useful Post:
I installed Filebox (great app!) and found both files. The Pers Data Mon app should really be listed in the "add widget"-option of the Desktop menu, isn't it?

I don't get it. I guess I just have to use the internal option (Settings-Phone-Network-Home network data counter) to see the amount of data down/uploaded.

Thanks!

yup, it should be available from add-widget option

well i can't think of any other solutions. but maybe, just maybe, you've somehow have added it to your desktop (it wont be listed in add-widget once you've put it to your desktop) but in different desktop?
i mean if you've installed some tools that can save/restore your desktop setting (i forget the name) and it has been shown in one of your saved desktop, so it probably won't shown again

The Following User Says Thank You to figaro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Ahmedabad, India
Seems like there was some issue when you had installed it.
I would suggest you to uninstall the app. After restarting your N900 try to install it again. This time you should see it in the add widget option.

OK!! SOLVED!! So it was added to a Desktop, but hiding behind my contacts! Thanks Figaro, for your remark that I may have added it already and that was why it wasn't visible in the Add-widget list. I feel stupid but I guess that can happen to anybody.

Thanks all for helping me. Very much appreciated!!

(BTW: I never put it on my desktop, so how it ended up there I may never know...)

The Following User Says Thank You to bioman For This Useful Post:
glad to help