Notices

The track skipping thing went away after a reboot.

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Maine
Originally Posted by trevarthan View Post
It's caused by maemo's dbus implementation. Just set the wireless mode to "disconnect". Works fine for me in the car.
That did the trick. It was the one thing I didn't try to explicitly disconnect the tablet I was just putting it in offline mode.

Thanks for the tip,
Fred

Posts: 191 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Ottawa
Just wanted to say in my Quest to play oggs on the N800, I am giving Kagu a try. Very nice program!

I don't see a way to get to the preferences in the App. I did find preferences in ~/.kagu and changed the player to mplayer which allows me to play oggs from Kagu! Thank you!

Am I missing something, or is vi the "standard" way to adjust prefs.

TIA,

Craig...

Originally Posted by cvmiller View Post
I don't see a way to get to the preferences in the App. I did find preferences in ~/.kagu and changed the player to mplayer which allows me to play oggs from Kagu! Thank you!
The default player should be changable from the main menu, provided you have mplayer in $PATH. There should be an option between Sleep Timer and Scrollbar settings.

Posts: 191 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Ottawa
Originally Posted by disq View Post
The default player should be changable from the main menu, provided you have mplayer in $PATH. There should be an option between Sleep Timer and Scrollbar settings.
Of course! I never scrolled the main menu down! Thanks!

Craig...

Posts: 354 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York
Kagu is awesome. Great work ! I discovered the "turn off screen" function has a flaw (which I imagine the developer is aware of). I assume one of the purposes for the turn off screen function is to immediately extinguish the backight to extend battery power while listening to music. However, after xxx seconds the screen re-activates, then blanks (to black) but the backlight stays lit. Where xxx is the number of seconds set in IT OS2007 to dim screen. I tried to put a ticket on Kagu's tracker (Trac) website but I was unable to. Great player. I hope the bluetooth audio can be made to work for mono headsets soon also. Regards M5

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Originally Posted by cvmiller View Post
Just wanted to say in my Quest to play oggs on the N800, I am giving Kagu a try. Very nice program!

Am I missing something, or is vi the "standard" way to adjust prefs.

TIA,

Craig...
I'm enjoying Kagu now too, especially since I finally managed to get mogg working, after much noob struggle. I'm having a lot of fun using it.

Now, I didn't realize that I could use mplayer as my default player. So, it seems that all my tooling around was for naught, if I could have used mplayer to play oggs anyway.

Are there significant advantages to using osso over mplayer? I do notice that oggs play a little more smoothly using osso, but if I can just use mplayer as the default for that purpose, I am considering uninstalling mogg and reinstalling the other ogg package, just so I can have full ogg functionality on UKMP too. Or am I mistaken here on what I will be able to do?

@xxM5xx: This was originally intended to turn off the screen whilst driving or in very low light conditions just to avoid distractions. AFAIK we weren't aware of this, I opened a ticket for it. In the meantime you could use the "softpoweroff mode" in OS2007 to simulate that (well, not the same, keys/touchscreen will be locked also) effect. Needs some playing around with system files though.

@klinglerware: Yes, this should work. Don't forget to reboot between/after ogg/mogg (un|re)installations. I believe mplayer is just slower switching between songs. (UKMP doesn't work with mogg on the n800? that's weird)

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Originally Posted by disq View Post
@klinglerware: Yes, this should work. Don't forget to reboot between/after ogg/mogg (un|re)installations. I believe mplayer is just slower switching between songs. (UKMP doesn't work with mogg on the n800? that's weird)
Thanks, disq. I'll give that a go.

One other question, is there an option to display the artist picture instead of the album cover when a song is playing?

no, but good idea. i'll open a ticket.